Sponsors:

My saw mill journey

Started by Pjames, March 29, 2018, 07:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pjames

Hopefully just figured out to post pictures

Weekend_Sawyer

Yes you did. :)
Good job. Looks like a nice mill shed going up there.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

paul case

Nice work on the shed and I really like your mill. Must be a '95 with features? Tell us more.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Magicman

Good job with the pictures.  After you post each one you can add a couple of spaces between them (I like two) and also add some narrative.  Click on the "Preview" button to see how your post will look.  You can then scroll back down and adjust as necessary.

That's gonna be a super nice building. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Crossroads

Nice pictures! I'm a little green with envy over that building......
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Skipper11A

Steel trusses and wood purlins are great choices!. Make sure that you post lots of photos of your build.

Pjames

Thanks guys it will take me a while to learn how to do it. Kind of slow ::)

Pjames

The mill is a 96 model I think I done ok only had 200hrs when I purchased it had been sitting in the weather awhile I have soon a lot work on it , working good now, still trying to figure out posting these pictures think I posted my profile on accident?

47sawdust

So-o-o-o-o, those must be self-elevating trusses,don't see no support equipment.What is the trade name for that style of truss?Looks like a great way to get under cover quick.They probably are not rated for a heavy snow load.
Mill looks real nice.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Pjames

Just a light weight metal trusses we do not have much snow load in north ms.i started this journey about two years ago so have some Catching up to do with the photos

Pjames

Completed the new saw mill cover  8)

Magicman

And an excellent cover it is.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Pjames

Thanks magicman, looks a little empty in this photo 

Pjames

Still having trouble attaching pictures

Pjames

Pjames

thecfarm

I can't decide which picture I like the best.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

slider

Nice will not do justice to your project . Great job.
al glenn

Pjames

Thanks I have not been able to saw much lately as I am working 600 miles from home should finish this project around first of September can't hardly wait fiddle-smiley fiddle-smiley

Crusarius

that poor turkey gave its live for your shed...

:)

Pjames

He was trespassing with some friends 

Crusarius

Bet his friends will think twice about doing that again :)

Southside

How did you set the trusses in place?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Pjames

Built angle iron brackets  and strapped them to top of the post lifted a section at a time with four chain falls worked pretty well gust need three good friends to operate chain falls.

Thank You Sponsors!