iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

order

Started by Mr Mom, February 19, 2006, 09:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Mom

I just ordered some rust reaper from the Timber Pro store today. 8) 8) 8)
     I bought a used van and all the door locks are frozen :'( :'( :'(. Tried wd-40 no luck.
     I have blaster but have not tried yet.
     I heard alot about the Rust reaper.

Thanks Mr Mom

Bob S

Blaster does rocks.... 8)

Cen Pet Oil makes it in Ohio for what I'm told
I'm in heavy highway, and we buy it by the cases.

Bob S

The feeling one gets during a full swing when the splitting maul goes headless

DanG

Bob S, ya oughta try some RustReaper.  PB Blaster was about the best around until RR came along.  A starter kit will out-last about 4 cases of Blaster, and you can carry it in your shirt pocket. ;D 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

Maybe you can get PB to donate some funds to the forum and become a sponsor.  Kinda like does.   :)

SwampDonkey

Go Rust Reaper
Can't imagine using anything else.  :)

;D   ;D   ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Captain

Thanks for the order, Mr. Mom.  I see that the UPS calculator really overdid it on your order, we'll rectify that...probably send it USPS if that is OK with you...

Captain

Mr Mom

Captain   thanks anyway is o.k. just as long as it get here. I have some work to do to the van before i can drive it. The brake lines need replaced.

My sister-in-law works at a dealer and had a new lock made for me.
     Just heard alot about rust reaper and thought i would give it a try. Worse comes to worse i just replaced the one lock.
     The van was bought for me so when i need to haul large things i dont have to take out the kids car seats and the other seats in the other van.

Thanks Mr Mom

rebocardo

> I bought a used van and all the door locks are frozen

Do not try it with the locks in the door since the tumbers are usually on the top of the key.

On a Ford van it is pretty easy, just remove the spring clip holding the lock from the side of the door, put in the Rust Reaper, then turn the assembly so it soaks down onto the tumblers. If you have enough room, you do not have to remove the lock from the clip/rod.

Or you can remove the trim cap holding the cyl in, pull it out, apply Rust Reaper inside the cyl, and turn the cyl over so it soaks down onto the tumblers.

If you have to, remove the cover over the tumblers and apply Rust Reaper directly to the tumblers and springs. Since Fords are little bullets and specific to position (top and bottom) you probably do not want to remove them or even take the cover off if you can avoid it since it requires it being crimped back on.

rebocardo

> The van was bought for me so when i need to haul large things

What I did for my van was go to the junkyard and pull out a screen/security/wall protector that installs behind both the passenger and driver seats. That way cargo can not come forward and kill you or give you a headache. They come with sliding doors too.

Obviously, you would not want to seat an adult in the second row of seats right behind the protector because in an accident they might hit the metal wall. Plus, it a little tight for an adult behind the driver's seat, so I just put my child seats there.

Only cost me $35 for the complete assembly, far less then new$.

iain

Yip gotta agree with rebocardo
we call the "screens" bulk heads here, and they sure are bacon savers, vans fitted with them cost an extra $450, i wouldnt have a "wood" van with out one now, the thud, thud,thud, thud of boards lining up flush at the front when you heave on your brakes brings it home, ::)
also they are good for pushing up boards and cutting the overhangs to length with a chain saw ;)

iain

Mr Mom

Thanks guys for all the info on the locks.
     The van is a mini van. so carring alot of weight is not going to happen.
     I do alot of fixing stuff for my mother in law and sister in law. The van is mostly going to be used to carry my tools and supplies.
     The mill im thing about is the norwood so the little van could pull it. The van is a dodge caravan.

Thanks alot Mr Mom

SPIKER

hey MR Mom:

watch pulling ANYTHING with the mini-van:  only 2 of them have frames the ford areo-star and the chevy astro.  the windstar does not have a frame either.  and is front wheel drive the astro comes with optional 4 wheel drive ans I am not sure if the areo does or not?   anyhow just a warning.  shop I worked at had several of these come in after having the reese style hitch litterly pull out of the rusted frame here in Ohio they seem to rust back there pretty bad.  so be carefull and those front wheel drives and ANY kind of trailer puts loads of stress on the uni-body and if it has sual sliding doors all the more worse.

mark M
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

wiam

Astro/Safari does not have a frame.  The front end has a part frame that does not go past the front door.  The rear is all unibody.  My hitch on the 1996 I have now and the  1991 I had and my mothers 1994 were bolted to body, not frame.  Works ok for a pop up but I would be careful pulling a mill with it.

Will

Mr Mom

Spike---thanks i will look at the frame before i do anything.

Wiam---The mill that i leaning to is norwood and the mill weighs only 900lb but i have to see what mill i get first.  When i do get a mill i wount move it alot at first because i will be learning how to run it.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

wiam

I did not say I would not pull a mill I said I would be careful.  I have pulled many trailers with tow vehicles that I  should not have.  But knowing that you can plan ahead and be safe.

Will

Mr Mom

Wiam---thanks alot.

brdmkr

If RR won't unstick it must be welded!
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Mr Mom

brdmkr--- I hope it works if not i'll just replace the old one with the one i got made. I hope it works if it unsticks rusted bolts some gummed up locks should be on problem.

Thanks alot Mr Mom

Mr Mom

Update.....well i got the rust reaper and used it on the lock. Nothing happered took the lock out and man it was really bad. Got the tumblers to move up an down but that is it still will not turn must have croaded it self togeather. Seized up good but i still am trying to get it free.

Thanks Mr Mom

isassi

Well Captain...do I get a free sample to go with the new Big Blue Bar???? :D :D :D

Captain

That may have been able to be arranged, Jay, but you were a day late....

Captain

isassi

The big blue bar is here, Captain...and it is great. Now I need to go saw to try it out.  :D

Thank You Sponsors!