iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tissue boxes...

Started by isawlogs, December 08, 2015, 12:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Had some weathered wood and wanted to make the best out of what I had for a friend. They had taken down an old building and saved a bunch of the weathered boards and had a large pile of wood ready to burn. I was able to find a few peices in there and wanted to make her something of the old building. Came up with these.....

One is of the weathered side, the other is the inside of the building.   
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

beenthere

Those make nice gifts, and out of memorable materials for years to come.  Nice work.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

mesquite buckeye

When I first looked at it I thought it was the pile of boards. 8) 8) 8)

Oopsie. Very nice. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

jueston

the patina on those boards is amazing, i don't know if i could suppress my need to sand things long enough to make something like that.  :) :D

Magicman

Trash to Treasures.  smiley_thumbsup   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

isawlogs

I made these two for a friend, one for her and one for her dad, they let me hunt there and .. well she's just a super nice person.
   The board was an inch thick, so I resawed it on my bandsaw into three peices, two 1/4" and one thinner that is used as a slidding door on the bottom of the box to make changing the box easier  ;)   I then put the boards through the planner, having the sides all the same thickness helps. I cut a grove for the bottom door to slide, miter the peices, make the top and glue it all together.
   She called a while later and asked if I could make er 8 more for gifts, and called back for two more, some will be getting some pretty nice tissue boxes for Christmas  :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

rasman57

Very neat thing you did for them.....what a great idea too.   Good on you!

Thank You Sponsors!