iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Broken Spring Saga

Started by Qweaver, May 24, 2012, 01:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

I have broken 5 or more brake springs on my WM LT28.  Woodmizer finally mailed me 6 springs and I quit having problems...I thought.  Broke another one yesterday.  I am going to stress relieve the ends on one of the broken springs and see if that is the fix.  It's obvious that heat treatment is the culprit.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

sigidi

Gee Quinton, you're not having much fun at the moment mate...it'll get better
Always willing to help - Allan

mikerat

I remember your last thread on this topic and I looked hard at my lt28 to see if there was something different about mine.  Bought it two years ago and I have about 170 hrs run time and I have never broken a spring. The only small problem I had was after about 10 hours one of the brakeshoes fell out I think maybe the screws weren't tight. I had a new shoe/pad and mounting bolts in two days all has been well since.

Mike
WM LT28 logrite 30,48,60 canthook, huskys and stihls, Logrite Buck Arch I have met the best people on this site!

tyb525

Wonder why there aren't more reports of this from other LT28 users
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Thank You Sponsors!