iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New guy.

Started by Herb Brooks, May 26, 2012, 12:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herb Brooks

Hi ya'll I have been reading this forum for a while now and finally took the time to register.  I have found a wealth of info  on milling. Built a home made Alaskan type but find that to be a lot of work for the gain. So with the blessing of my Gal we are embarking on a band mill build. have most of the steel gathered, (mostly used) and a few other odds and ends. Time, patients, and persavierence will prevail. I will have some questions in the future just wanted to use this post as an intarduction, and to say thanks for all ya'll have taught me so far.
Herb 8)

SPD748

Welcome to the forum! Good luck with your impending build. I, like you, have learned a TON from reading and using the search feature. Keep us informed as to your project and... oh yeah... PICTURES!

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Herb!

Great bunch of people here!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sandhills

Welcome to the forum Herb, good luck with the mill!

Herb Brooks

Thanks guys, I agree lots of good folks and info on here. I could sit and read all day but theres hay to be hauled. Got to get cracken on that.  Like Arnold said, "I'll be back!"

beenthere

Welcome to the forum.
Will look forward to your return after the haying is done....... if it is ever done. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Burlkraft

Hey Herb...First welcome to the forum and second...You were one Hell of a hockey coach  ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Herb.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Bill Gaiche

Herb welcome. Good luck on the build. You can do it and it wont be long before you know it and you will be making sawdust. bg

customsawyer

Welcome to the forum.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

bandmiller2

Welcome Herb,"time, tide and hay waits for no man".Its of great value to look at several mills before you build yours,possibly help the owner mill, you'll get a better idea what you want. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Herb Brooks.  It sounds like you have the correct, and also a very smart Gal.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

colinofthewoods

I am always impressed when someone talks about building a mill.  It is well beyond me.  Good luck and keep us posted !

bandmiller2

In my opinion if you have the tools and ability along with alot of the parts building yourself is practical.If you must buy everything let the manufacturer build it because you won't save much.Most homebuilt mills do not command high prices when sold.That was the disclamer now have at it. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Anybody named Herb cain't be all bad...

Welcome to the Forum, Herb

Herb (the original...)

Thank You Sponsors!