iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Some things I hate!

Started by Pete J, August 02, 2004, 07:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete J

I had to move some brush to the burn pile in my backyard. Wouldn't ya know, first limb I grabbed had a snake shoot out from under it. I came up with my things I hate list.

Snakes (all types, I can't tell them apart)
Mosquitos (In Connecticut, they're infected with West Nile virus)
Deer Ticks (I don't think one ever bit me, but I've plucked them off my kids many times. My buddy Dan got lyme disease from one and has never fully recovered)
Horseflys (Another bite me, you die, type of insect which I don't understand the purpose for.)

I do like the red fox's that have built a nice den in the backyard. The chipmunks, mice, squirrels, etc. which had taken over are slowly being cleaned up.

It's all a balance of nature thing I guess.

Jeff

My biggest pet peeve, I wont call it hate, is seeing something done INTENTIONALLY [I have typed a profane word that is automatically changed by the forum censored words program I should know better and could be banned for doing it].  Anything. Seems like I run into it all the time. Maybe I'm just turning into a crotchety old man. I can see short cuts when ya got a reason for it, but laziness is not a good enough reason to not do something to at least the best of your ability within a set of circumstances..
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

I'll second both of you guys!
I don't care for any of that..........well the red fox in the backyard would be cool!  8) ;D

Percy

Noisily breakin wind during vow takin at a formal wedding is right up there on my list ;D :D ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Bro. Noble

Percy,

What's the deal,  you don't believe in marriage or what? :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Mark M

DanG Percy,  I'll have to stop doing that. ;)

bennelson

EVERYBODY THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY WHEN i DID IT AT MY WEDDIN,  CEPT MY WIFE.  MAYBE THATS WHY SHE'S MY EX.

iain

i hate busting some thing thats going to cost big to repair and still being in a good mood with my self

did it with the 075's twice in the space of 9 hours work (tote repair bill $1523.52)
 and today with $368 worth of new planer irons feel like a right twat but still happy with the day ::)
happy with snakes
 not meet west nile
kill as many horseflys as i possible can
would have liked to have been in the church (sniggering at the back)
as for the have assed    to my mind it dont matter what it is your doing     if you are taking the ££$$ you do the work

Pete J

I thought I'd add to the list some more.

I hate the buring plastic/electrical smell when your 5 year old 42 inch TV burns up while you are watching the weather channel. The local TV repair guy laughed and said "Don't bother bringing it in, just buy a new one" arrrrgggghhhhh!

Wudman

An addition:

"Real Foresters dislike Yankee accountants, redbugs, cotton mouth moccasins, and palmetto.....in that order."
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Thank You Sponsors!