iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pump question

Started by furltech, July 03, 2012, 06:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

furltech

does anyone know what the flow rate and pressure rating on a timberjack 230 forwarder pump was originally .mine has a replacement pump on it with no markings .i have one main relief in the valve bank bank that has 160/60 stamped on it and i assume this means 160 bar and 60 liters flow  wich is about 2320 pounds, does this sound about right .this older equipment is nice to work on but hard to find info on .thanks in advance 

snowstorm

if the pump has ball bearings in it 2100psi is about it. if it has bushings then 3200psi. what brand loader? 25gpm should be close. is is all sized by the size of the gears in the pump any hydr. shop can tell what you have

Jamie_C

I don't remember what the specs are but if memory serves me right Wilson's Equipment here in Truro keeps them in stock.

furltech

Ya Jamie i have been everywhere for the relief valve i needed .Wilsons  couldn't source one or Timberparts .no one could find one anywhere .i finally found one down in hardwood lands at everett tanners he had an old valve bank kicked under the workbench and i just sort of hit on it by magic .it was just one of those days that things just worked out .i was trying to find the relief valve actually, i broke it trying to see if dirt was stuck in it .i was asking the pump question in case i had to jerryrig something up .

bushmechanic

There were a couple of set ups on the 230D Timberjacks over thier run.The older machines ran a Cessna pump and steering/blade valve then it changed to something that Eaton made in the 80's and then when the Cummins engines came then it changed again.The boom valve was usually a Gresen 25P model and the reliefs were usually at 2000 psi at the highest one.I think that the pump is about 28 gpm.

Thank You Sponsors!