iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

McAfee VS 8.0

Started by Kevin_H., January 03, 2004, 05:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin_H.

now I do not like to bad mouth anyone, but since there is another email bug going around I thought I might tell ya'll about the appearent problem with McAfee 8.0

I updated to this from the 6.0 version about two weeks ago and have had problems ranging from the computer locking up to not being able to get the auto updates.

tech support has had me do a complete uninstall and clean install 3 times, still no fix, as of right now I can not get any new virus definitions on any new bugs that have came out since 12-18.

I went to the McAfee forum tonite and found a couple of thousand people with the same problem.

Like I said I dont like to bad mouth anyone but If you are looking to upgrade you virus protection and are thinking Mcafee you may want to wait until the get this thing resolved.

just thought I would pass that along.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

florida

I'm certainly no expert but on the advice of an expert I changed over to AVG for virus protection years ago. It's free and it updates itself automatically every night or whenever you sign on. Here's a link. I removed McAFee too.
http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

Thank You Sponsors!