iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Alrighty now!

Started by ARKANSAWYER, January 06, 2004, 07:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARKANSAWYER

I do not know which one of you boys up North left the door open and blew the pilot light out but this is not funny.  Twice today I had to pry frozen logs up off of my saw deck.  I had to put anchor seal on my deck to kee the cants from freezing to it.  Now someone close the door and light the stove!
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Bill Johnson

Sorry about that, but I think it was Paul over in B.C. who sent the cold weather over here. It was nice until this week :D 8)
Bill

Corley5

Snowed and blowed all day today and only got just a fuzz off zero.  Hard to tell how much snow we got as it all blew around into piles.  I can't tell the temp right now because the thermometer is dusted over and no I'm not going out to knock the snow off it.  At least the snow has tapered off 8).
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Bill Johnson

Nice here to-day and only -37 tonite kinda toasty  :D
Bill

Jeff

I think we should go kick Pauls butt. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Paul_H

Heywaitaminnit,Frank and the rest of those Oregon boys passed it on to us :D

But come on by just the same 8)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

VA-Sawyer

Sunday... 75 F and Sunny  ;D

Monday... 75 F and Raining...Cooling to 45 F with rain  :(

Tuesday ...  45 F and Sunny...Cooling to 28 F at present  :-/

Wednesday.... Forcasted high  35 F  :o

Hey, PAUL... Will you PLEASE Close that DANG Door !!!!!!!!!

Bill Johnson

Paul

Do you think we should send VA-Sawyer some cheese to go with the weather whine?? ??? :D :D
Bill

Jeff

Those BC boys are always just itchin for a scrap. He did it on purpose I can tell.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Paul_H

Might have to Bill. ;) I've been looking at my firewood pile rapidly disappearing and have been eyeing up my neighbors siding.It's been windy enough he might not suspect me.(I'd leave the side facing my place).

We just got a system in from Hawaii that turned to snow when it hit the Arctic outflow from Andy's place.

pasbuild

Â -10 on the bank time / temp sign this morn, you know its cold when there is steam coming off of the big lake. :o
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

VA-Sawyer

I'll take any cheese except gouda.  It's not so gouda if you know what I mean, eh ?   ;D

VA-Sawyer

isawlogs

It's - 17*C or so guess that would be 0*F .I'm going to my stove and then to bed .... Wood pile is also going up in smoke here ...logs frozen to deck.... mine where like that a month ago . Somebody's IGLOO is unatended and we are paying for it.....I'll be happy to see the robin's come back in another couple or 4 month....Alway's nice to hear those little critters chearping away to let you know that spring is hear  :) Oh well a lot of short day's left before that happens..
  .Putting a timber frame up tomorow morning that I sawed a few weeks ago I'll take pics but until I get a scanner you'll all afta wait .But when I do I got abox fuul to put up ....Or maybe send the box to the boss and just write in the details  ;D  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Stephen_Wiley

Well Paul.........if us Oregon boys sent it to you.........do you want to know whats coming next?  FREEEEEEEEZing RAIN. :)

Spent an hour this am (4:00--5:00) de-icing the car to take the wife to work. Heard several large Dougla-fir trees and  probably a few deciduos branches breaking and coming down. Waiting for light so I can go see how the neighbors faired.  Sounded like one may have impacted a building.

Besides, a couple of months ago when you had the severe flooding.........Frank said we would help.........were just keeping our word, as the flooding will start upon melting here in the next couple of days. Know this storm was earmarked for you Canadians, Frank felt sorry for ya and diverted here.

Oops,  I think he did not intend this much tho  :D

With snow accumulation and ice ...........Frank probably has close to a couple of feet by now. ::)
" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

Frank_Pender

You are just about right on that Stephen, for the amt. of white stuff laying around.  The branches are really drooping here this moring as the light of day begins to show through the clouds.  We have had onnly one major bump so far.  This Silver thaw stuff is realy dangerous to have to drive on or through.   :-/

All of the radar and satalite pictrures Ihave seen are showing the storms comeing out of the pinapple country, picking up moisture and moveing up across Northern California and then into Oregon.  I have been thinking of Tillaway, working in the Astoria area at the mouth of the Columbia river and his family still in Northern California and all this bad weather.  The highway people have closed several stretches of our two major highways; I 84 from Portland to Hood River (about 50 miles) and Eugene to Roseburg, on I 5 that runs North and South.
Our temps have warmed to around 28* this morning.  Setting at about 1,000 feet I think we will be a bit later than most in being warmed above freezing today or tomorrow. :'(
Frank Pender

Paul_H

We have only got about 5" of snow in the past 24 hours and it's still around 40F.

I hope you don't get a major silver thaw.We had one about 30 years ago and it was cool to watch the Alder trees crash to the ground like glass sculptures but what a mess afterwards.It took a long time to clean up.

RavioliKid

Well, all I have to say is THANK YOU to whomever sent the snow and cold to Kalamazoo. We have a SNOW DAY!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Snow day, snow day,
Blessed, joyous snow day!

Two of the sweetest word in the whole wild world!

RavioliKid

Gus

Finally warmed to 15 above today. we can go withgout coats again ;D. Well gloves anyway.
Gus
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

Stan

It has been a bit colder here than it was in VA, but I'm not complaining, it has been a whole lot worse.  :-/
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Larry

Just think how much money you save on sun screen, bug repellent, and ice for the water jug.  Logs are frozen solidly now making  for more consistent sawing.  I bet Tom is miserable sawing in all that heat and humidity plus having to fight the bugs. :D ;D :D

I had a pleasant breeze today that kept the sawdust out of my eyes and also kept the wind chill in the single digits so I wouldn't get overheated. ;D ;D

I give slabs to the neighbor's cause I don't want to mess with them most of the time.  Another few weeks and I won't have a slab left. :)

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

ARKANSAWYER

Well it got above freezing today and is to be up to 45 tomorrow.  That's better and clost to normal for us.  I keep telling my self it is only 7 weeks till March.   I am glad that we figured out that it was Paul who made this mess to begin with.  Now please keep that door shut.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Paul_H

I still say it was Frank

:D

Tom

Somebody does this to use at least once each year :-/

I had ice on my equipment trailer this morning in the water that was left from the rain day before yesterday.  I'd move South but I've about run out of it.  .....South that is. :D

woodmills1

Sure it is cold, but I can't believe we didn't keep talking about cheese.  I love cheese, we always talk about food but we never talk about cheese.  Provolone, cheddar, swiss, heck even good old orange or white american.  How about some boursan in the box.  I love cheese. :D :D :D  Grilled cheese, grilled cheese with mustard, onions and tomatoes!
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

OneWithWood

You said it WM1.  I love cheese in all its various forms.  Back in the early 70s I used to belong to a club called Cheese Lovers.  It was sort of like a book club featuring a cheese of the month.  Boy oh boy did I look forward to those monthly deliveries.  One of my favorites was a cheese called Gjetost (sp).  It is a carmel colored cheese that you would slice wafer thin.  It melted in your mouth and was delicious with the morning cuppa.

the weather here is slowly warming.  Hopefully I can get enough stone down before the ground trurns to mush.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!