iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where is the Dang pig roast agonna be anyway

Started by woodmills1, January 15, 2004, 05:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

I wasa thinkin that maybe we need a northern get together at the same time as this here pig roast.  With all the internet and picture cell phone thingys we could kinda be as one.  So ifin thers soma interest lets talk. I woooda be willin toa host it.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Captain

Hey James, I"M IN.  BTW  what is the date??

I was also thinking of a get together in conjunction with the Eastern States Forestry EXPO in Springfield, MA April 30/May 1??  Meet at the PETERSON tent?

Captain

woodmills1

Lets have something but isn't the shootout in Ohio this year?
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

WV_hillbilly

Your  right about the Shootout Woodmills . It is going to be at the Paul Bunyon show . 8)   I can hardly wait .  
Hillbilly

EZ

L. Wakefield

I've looked at the Springfield, Mass Expo- can't say if I'll get there or not. They have a website up already but when I checked it 2 weeks ago there weren't any details. I was checking out what type of mills might be on display.  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Captain

They'll all be there....these are ones I remember historically.  It may be different this year with no shootout.

Woodmizer
Lucas
Peterson
Baker
Timberking
Thomas
Gilbert (SMG, Quebec)
Logosol
Mobile Dimension
Granberg
Timberharvester
and others...

Captain

L. Wakefield

Well, Woodmills, my first wish is to go to Jeff's shindig. But if I can't scrape up enough vacation time to go (it's not a week I got, so I'd have to dicker) I know it'd be a heck of a lot closer to run over your way. And by the golly, by then the ice will have come off the ponds I hope.

This warm spell have got me all the way up to 0*F tonight with the wind wailing. I was just pondering that it wasn't going to get any earlier, or lighter, or warmer, and I wasn't going to get any younger- so I might as well go out and feed the cows *now*- but I just came in to toast my toes on the heater and read n type a bit. Cows don't understand that, nor do the chickens- but I think the dogs may relate.  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Sawyerfortyish

I kinda would like to go to Jeffs pig roast but I don't fly and I don't have time to drive. So maybe somthing here in the east would work.

Jeff

No time to drive?  Heck I drove home from Tom's in Florida and was home in 19 hours.  There aint anyplace east of me that I dont think I could not be this time tomorrow if I really really wanted to be there. ;D Woodsy if you try to have it the very same time I have mine I can gaurantee I can't come to yours. :-/
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Ok, Jeff.    I suggest a quick drive to Scotland. :D

John Little would like to see you. ;D

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DanG

Yes you can! You just have to go someplace else to start. ;D
I think they're thinking of having it the same time as our Swamp Shenanigin. We'll ALL be there for your shindig! :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

woodmills1

If there is interest for those who want I can host a northern get together, it doesn't have to be on the same date.  We have sleeping for around 12 or 14 people if that helps.

Captain

woodmills1

We have 85 acres of room and probably could support a few camper vehicle types but no plug ins.  I am thinkin bonfire and just talked with kathy and we would do the feedin In our regular party style which is something like a hunk o beef, ham, big sandwiches and nibbles from about 4 to 4 then breakfast sometime after that.  yes thats pm to am.

Tom

You mean that morning still has a 4?  My goodness, it has been a long time. :D

woodmills1

Kathy works in the resturant trade where they don't usually get started on the party side very early.  Like work till 12 or 1 then start the party.  Then, I got this thing about trying to be the last man standing.  So, most of our bonfires do go to the wee hours.  We do a big woodstove breakfast when most everybody is awake again.   :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!