iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mushrooms

Started by Autocar, April 15, 2013, 07:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

My buddy called me from southern Indiana and said he found 28 blacks Sunday morning and a few today. Maybe five to ten days and I can find some here  ;).
Bill

mesquite buckeye

Mushrooms are good. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

turbo885

I was keeping my eyes open today for them i knew it was still to early but you never know i didnt find as many as usual last year hoping it is better this year
BILL

OneWithWood

The weather is not helping things.  Just as it gets warm enough a cold front swoops in.
Been looking intently the last couple of days but have not found any.  Hopefully today and tomorrow are better.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Autocar

My friend lives near Madison not sure where your located from there but it has to be close  ;D.
Bill

turkeycreek

I have been pickin them for the last couple weeks here. Found about 150 so far. I think they are getting near the end now.
HM126 Sawmill

rochte

My little piece of forest seems to have mushrooms galore a bit later in the year (the snow has to melt first).  I have never collected mushrooms, though, and so I'm not really sure how to do it safely.  Given the potential for bad ju-ju, I'm wary of just Googling "black mushrooms", for example, and winging it.  Any suggestions?

Cedarman

Quote from: rochte on April 18, 2013, 09:31:56 PM
My little piece of forest seems to have mushrooms galore a bit later in the year (the snow has to melt first).  I have never collected mushrooms, though, and so I'm not really sure how to do it safely.  Given the potential for bad ju-ju, I'm wary of just Googling "black mushrooms", for example, and winging it.  Any suggestions?
You need someone to go with you to where the mushrooms are and they will show you the ones to pick.  Take the mushrooms back and fix them.  If your friend eats them, then they are ok for you eat them.  A word of warning.  Be sure to blindfold the person from the time you leave the house to when you get to the patch.  You must remember to blindfold the person for the return trip.  Otherwise you will have to guard your patch 24-7
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

OneWithWood

Found just three yesterday.  One grey and two blacks.  One of the blacks was already dry and crumbly.  With the high winds we have experienced if a shroom isn't picked in short order they dry out.
Today we are looking at highs in the 40s.  With all the rain last night I wonder if the soil temp has been maintained.  I will need to go out again this afternoon and make a determination.
Sure is hard to get any other work done when mushrooms come callin'.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!