iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally putting the shop together

Started by tmbrcruiser, December 25, 2018, 06:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmbrcruiser

I was able to have the shop and mill buildings started at the same time about three years ago. Seems to take me a long time to complete projects. Both building were completed and the first order was to get the mill up and running. I put in a Baker 3650E with an edger, couldn't be happier with the set up. 

Next I ended up putting the shop on hold and built a 50' x 32' lumber shed. Couldn't be happier with this building.

So the time has come to complete the shop. I've gathered up the equipment over the past year, jointer, planner, straight line rip saw, spindle moulder, table saw, band saw, drill press and a Weinig moulder. I made random width cypress paneling and will soon have that installed. Then will work on getting the dust collection system in. When the shop is completed the last piece will be a kiln. 

My plan is to have everything completed before I retire. I want to work in the back yard milling and making lumber for talented people. I've met so many talented craftsmen in the past few years. 

I'll try to post some pictures as the shop comes together.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Once you get sap in your veins, you will always have sawdust in your pockets.

tmbrcruiser

Most of the paneling is up and I have been hanging dust collection pipe. Thought I would share how I made the bracket to hold the pipe.

tmbrcruiser

Oops! didn't add pictures, hope the second try works.

samandothers

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tawilson

I was a tin knocker for 30 years and installed a few commercial dust collection systems. Good job.
Tom
2017 LT40HDG35 WIDE
BMS250 and BMT250 sharpener/setter
Woodmaster 725

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

DWyatt

I like those hangers, especially on the walls! You will thank yourself over and over when you are not trying to blow sawdust out from on top of a pipe that doesn't have a gap between the pipe and the wall!

tmbrcruiser

A lot has happened since my last post. This week has been very busy, working (my real job) and trying to spend time in the shop getting training on the 5 spindle moulder. I had a tec (great guy) come to service the moulder (used Weinig Profmat 23E) and teach me how to run it. Found out just how slow my brain works, a lot to learn running a moulder. Made a little bit of flooring and some S4S lumber. Wow is it a lot faster than a jointer, planner and shaper. Looking forward to some return on the investment.

Thank You Sponsors!