iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Say hello to a hard working saw mill lady. Working on the circle mill video.

Started by richhiway, November 19, 2019, 04:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richhiway

Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

Chuck White

Nice video!

I've always enjoyed watching those ole circle mills run, just to much activity for me to want to run one myself!

Thanks for posting!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

richhiway

Woodmizer LT 40
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

richhiway

Quote from: Chuck White on November 19, 2019, 08:28:55 PM
Nice video!

I've always enjoyed watching those ole circle mills run, just to much activity for me to want to run one myself!

Thanks for posting!
I just checked the Map for Russell. You are up there. My father's twin brother was a trooper in Malone for 30 years. 
We have a camp in North Hudson in the east side of the Adirondacks. Have a nice Thanksgiving.
Woodmizer LT 40
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

Chuck White

Russell is about 30-40 minute drive to Canada, and Malone is about the same!

The geographical center of St Lawrence County is in the village of Russell!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Woodpecker52

My litty bitty mizer does the same o same  thing with a little bitty motor and a itty bitty blade at a penny pinching price.
Woodmizer LT-15, Ross Pony #1 planner, Ford 2600 tractor, Stihl chainsaws, Kubota rtv900 Kubota L3830F tractor

Peter Drouin

Nice setup, It's all there, keep 3 guys running maybe 4.
A new 70 supper would have a hard time keeping up with that mill. ;) 
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Chuck White

A few years ago, I had a lot of motion around my mill!  ;)

I had 4 men on the other side of the mill, so I did no log handling at all, sawing White Pine!  ;D

Once the log was sawn and then all of the flitches were loaded off of the loading arms for edging, I lowered the arms and they rolled a log on, so no time lost there!

At the end of the 10-11 hour day, we had sawn a little over 2,700 board feet of 1" and 2" lumber!  8)

richhiway

The work is all handling the logs and the lumber. Sawing is the easy part. The nice folks in the video,Mike McCoy and his wife Ruth are retiring and that mill .chipper,edger and planer are all for sale. Mike has been fighting Cancer for a few years but he is feeling good lately. They are in North Carolina.

A young fellow could probably make some production with that mill and make a few bucks.
Woodmizer LT 40
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

Thank You Sponsors!