iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone got a recipe for "American" hotdog mustard

Started by Ernie, April 29, 2008, 06:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

Howdy fellow food lovers.  I've got a heap of mustard seed and need to make a good hotdog type of mustard, we can't buy anything half decent here in NZ.  At least not like I remember from the hotdog stand in Simpsons in Toronto when I was a kid there over 50 years ago.  They had the absolute best hotdogs, mustard and honey dew.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

DanG

Funny you should mention that, Ernie.  I was just thinking the same thing yesterday when I was looking at the huge patch of mustard that has gone to seed.  I was talking to FF member Jesse Frank a while back, and he mentioned that he had made some really good spicy mustard from seeds.  Send him a PM and I'm sure he would be glad to share the recipe.  He doesn't get on here much so if you don't hear back from him, let me know and I'll call him on the phone.

Another thing I thought of is sprouting a few seeds and adding the sprouts to some cole slaw.  I've never heard of anyone using mustard sprouts this way, but I'm gonna give it a shot.  If you don't hear from me anymore, you'll know it didn't work out all that well.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Thank You Sponsors!