iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need advice.

Started by cs570, May 19, 2013, 05:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

Quote from: Kansas on May 19, 2013, 07:09:16 PM
Nomad, looking at that pic, it looks like you have stickers running both directions. Or is that an optical illusion.

Nah, that's an optical illusion.  My helper was stacking this stuff by himself at the end of each day.  He didn't do the best job of aligning the stickers, but he didn't put any crossways.

Quote from: cs570 on May 19, 2013, 11:18:47 PM
:o Information overload haha.  Hopefully when i get the chance to go see mr willies set up this will all start making more sense.  Thanks again everybody  :)

cs570, why wait until you finish school?  If it turns out to be something you like, it might be a way to use some of your spare time now.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

thecfarm

cs470,welcome to the forum. Start looking for shows in your area too. It's great to see sawmills in action.
Andy,that's how I do it.  ;D  I do my flitches after each log. That way any bad ones I can remember and I can flip them to get the most out of the. Or I should say try too.
As you see more sawmills,just remember manual mills like Andy's and mine are slow,BUT they allow us guys that do not saw much,get into saw milling. They are also ALOT of work.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

cs570

cs570, why wait until you finish school?  If it turns out to be something you like, it might be a way to use some of your spare time now.
[/quote]

Well I am paying for my schooling out of my own pocket so having enough money to buy a sawmill is basically not an option right now.  Im trying to make it through college without going into debt. Also between school work and everything else i essentially have no free time  :D

dboyt

CS570, welcome to the forum!  It is pretty easy to check out the forum sponsors- just click on the banner to the left.  Most mills have a network of owners that are willing to demonstrate their sawmills, and can help you locate a mill in your area.  If you want to come to southwest Missouri and make sawdust with a Norwood mill, send me a PM.  Keep us posted, & good luck with your schooling.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Thank You Sponsors!