iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any Timbery M100 band sawmill owners out there?

Started by timomer, August 11, 2018, 04:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timomer

Hi all,

Have been reading posts on this site for the last few months, I have recently purchased a Timbery M100 band sawmill with a 9HP petrol engine.

I am based in South Poland (originally from the UK) and have used the mill to repurpose old salvaged beams from a old cabin on the property and also after we saved an old house from becoming firewood in the village, here they only build out of cement and plastic and just burn all the wonderful old timber! I believe the timber we have is pine and over 60 years old. 

Anyway, back to my question... are there any Timbery owners in the forum who can share their experience and any tips of the use of their mill?

I am struggling with working out the correct tension for the blade as I am getting waves in my cuts and the blades don't appear to last as long as they should, only a few cuts before I start noticing very wavey cuts. 

RAYGYVER

Did you get your tension on the blade sorted out? I am about to purchase a M100. So I stumbled upon your post. Please share your solution if you have one. Thanks
I fear not death, I fear not to live.
Ray Cecil | GrabCAD
www.linkedin.com/in/ray-cecil-b862805b

timomer

Hey, I have not had a chance to use it since. But, we have builders on site and they have been cutting fresh timber with it and say that it is only out by 5mm - whats great. They love it, great time saver. 

Also, I have discovered the blades I used are ok for fresh timber but no good for old wood. I have had some of my old blades sharpened and teeth adjusted for old wood, but time has not allowed me to test. 

Do let me know how you get along, keen to hear others experiences with the M100

H Ray G

I have a Timbery M100 I adjust the tension with a torque to 40 foot pounds I use a 10 degree blade for pine and 9 degree for 0ak and poplar. Gets wavy when blade gets dull.

timomer

thanks Ray, thats really helpful!

Poor thing has been neglected for a while, but I hope to put it in use this summer for finishing details in the house

Thank You Sponsors!