iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I named them "Handcakes".

Started by Bibbyman, August 11, 2011, 06:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

I started making pancakes about a week ago.  The project evolved into some creative recipes until I hit on one that's really a hit with the girls and Mary and I like them too.  I named them "handcakes" because you can just put a few on a saucer and set and munch them down.

The girls, almost 13 and 14 don't like to eat breakfast.  But they seem to like these.   Alex won't eat eggs but she does not know I put four in the mix instead of two.

I start from scratch.  1 cup whole wheat flower, a little oil, a teaspoon of baking powered, cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg, four eggs and enough milk to make it the right consistency. I dice up an eating apple for sweetness. 

I found a small gravy ladle works great to get a "handcake" about the 4" diameter.  Four to the pan.

I like them with blackberry jam. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Patty

Those sound good, Bib....and they are good for you too! Bonus!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Bibbyman

Yea, and not expensive either.  The above recipe makes enough for the four of us.  If a few are left over,  they're great cold with coffee. They are apparently sweat enough the girls just eat them as is even though I've suggested jelly or peanut butter.
Sawing since '94

SwampDonkey

Bib, I been tell'n everyone pancakes are good for ya. I'm going to try the apples and cinnamon in mine and fresh apples off the yard tree to boot. Thanks for the idea. ;D

I use a low sweetened jam on mine with black berry, raspberry, blueberry in it.

I also have to make my first batch of apple sauce I suppose with all the apples around here. I have "New Brunswicker" and "Yellow Transparent" falling off the trees by the bushels.  Trees are just hanging with fruit. 8)  Sign of a harsh winter to come. ;D  The garden grapes are coming along nicely to, can't wait to try them babies in some juice. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

zopi

yep..little dab of corned beef hash or scrapple between a couple of those would be right good...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Yoopersaw

These sound great.  I can't wait to try them and will also try blueberries and blackberries in them.

Coon

we make a similar recipe to that and use almost any fresh fruits we can get our hands on.  My favorie ones are with blueberries or saskatoons  ;D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

Blueberry pancake is usually a popular way to prepare them here as well.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bibbyman

I'm always trying new pancake recipes. This one turned out really well.  Equal parts white flour, whole wheat, and oatmeal. 
Sawing since '94

SwampDonkey

Looks like a fine breakfast to me Bibby. Without looking back through the thread, I might have mentioned I use whole wheat and buckwheat in mine. Buckwheat pancakes go way back. ;D

tractormanNwv

Bibbyman, that sure sounds good. I'll be getting my Griswold off the wall and trying these this week.

Jim

Ocklawahaboy

I love apple pancakes.  We have a state park about an hour away that has a restraunt with griddles in the table.  They serve you up a pitcher of 7 grain batter and all the add ins you want and you eat 'em till you can't eat anymore.  In my dating days that was a stand-by spot to go.

SwampDonkey

Dinner is late here, and I'm hungry. Good thing I only gotta wait 25 minutes more. I don't think I'd make it otherwise. :D

Thank You Sponsors!