iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First Job

Started by Lonely Sawer, July 07, 2014, 07:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonely Sawer

So, I'm at a friends place havin a cold beer and I notice that the guy next to him has cut down come trees. I ask him what they were going to do with the logs, he says he don't know he will ask. The next day I get a call from him and he says that I could have  it if I cut the dude some beams. And of course I couldn't so no. He wants 8-12ft. 6x8's of pine and the rest is mine. Sounds like a good deal to me. And he even delivered them to me. I had the guy cut  them at 13ft so's I could trim to fit my saw.

Lots of fir and pine. Now the fun begins
Norwood LM29
Sthil 020 16" bar
Sthil 039  24" bar
Kubota L3130 HST W/Backhoe
78 Ford F-800 Boom truck
2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn 3500 Cummins 4x4 crew
Yamaha Viking SXS

Magicman

One just never knows when opportunity will knock.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

All smiles now ain't ya? Free delivery too? Man you are living right.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Lonely Sawer

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Yes sir.
Norwood LM29
Sthil 020 16" bar
Sthil 039  24" bar
78 Ford F-800 Boom truck
Yamaha Viking SXS

Chuck White

Excellent "first job", now just need to find a way for it to continue!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Lonely Sawer

:D Funny you should say that Chuck. My bother called and said that a guy two doors down from him
is going to take down a couple duglas fir and 2 ponderosa pine, 4 trees in all, in the spring next year and wanted to know if he new anybody that would want them, for free! The pine is 36" at the butt. Tall and straight with no limbs for 20' up.  I like the way this is going. Free is good. 8)
Norwood LM29
Sthil 020 16" bar
Sthil 039  24" bar
78 Ford F-800 Boom truck
Yamaha Viking SXS

goose63

You lucky dog  8) 8) 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Magicman

Yup, you will be using that boom truck.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dboyt

Sounds like you've got the supply side of things worked out.  Hope the demand is even better!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Thank You Sponsors!