iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Big changes at madison Paper!

Started by Woodhauler, December 16, 2015, 07:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Not for the good either. Lets start with a big price drop,6 dollars a ton, then no more cut to length wood. Very limited quota this winter. Mill shutdowns coming up. All loggers must be clp loggers now. If they take cut to length wood it has to be 20ft and top 5 inches. All wood MUST BE CUT TO SPECS or be rejected. Paper orders are at a almost all time low for them. Going to be interesting if they stay around much longer. :(
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

chester_tree _farmah

Not a good situation in Maine. I just grabbed some price sheets from a local buyer today and they aren't buying Spruce/Fir pulp or Poplar pulp right now. Sounded like many places here and in NB are not accepting wood at least till January some till further notice. The Hemlock mill is only accepting 100" stud wood and is not accepting any pulp at this time. Not good.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

lynde37avery

Oh my that's so sad to hear. I hope things up in Maine get better for ya. I read a whole bunch of stuff about the bucksport mill co. It's never good to hear the work quota and shutdown.
Detroit WHAT?

Thank You Sponsors!