iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

selling lumber

Started by spencerhenry, February 28, 2005, 11:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spencerhenry

i was on another forestry website and saw that a guy had 4/4 aspen kd random width 100" lengths for sale. $1.25/bf. i have 35 acres of aspen, and lots of sawlogs waiting to be cut, and around 2000 bf of 7/8 rs air dried for 2 years in 98" lengths. but so far i havent found anyone who is interested in aspen lumber locally. how do i find buyers in other places. where do other people advertise? i dont cut full time, but could easily produce 10mbf of aspen per year.

Furby

Just like to point out that if you are a contributing member, ALL your posts are free here! ;);)

Kirk_Allen

Ditto to what Furby said 8) 8)

NESL_Supply

Quote from: Furby on March 02, 2005, 08:23:09 PM
Just like to point out that if you are a contributing member, ALL your posts are free here! ;);)

I think he was looking for an immediate venue to advertise with, It is my understanding that it takes quite a few posts to become a contributing member, just trying to help the guy out in the meantime, Thanks

redpowerd

i may be wrong, but if you help someone or many with only one post, your a contributing member.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Tom

I believe that NESL_SUPPLY is confusing "contributing member" with the free access to the "commerce" section.  Restrictions on posting advertisements in the Commerce section are dependent on number of posts, longevity on the forum, activity on the forum, etc.  There is a reason for it.  Spammers drop advertisements anywhere they can find an opening.  They have no respect for the flavor of the site, nor are they offering the constituency any positive information.  They fly-by, drop their self-importance, and leave.  We, as Admins and Jeff as Webmaster and personal "owner" of the site, don't want that to happen.  We wish to honor the members ability to have a "club-house" of their own without every door-to-door salesman in the world sticking his foot in the door and throwing "trash" in.

It is an inconvenience to new-comers, perhaps, but the instructions say that contact with Jeff may get them allowances.  Other than that, we are looking for a few posts from folks to find out what kind of person they are and what they ultimately want to use the forum for.   If someone joins with their only venue being to advertise to a captive audience, then we'd just as soon they did that somewhere else.

It's unfortunate that some folks see this effort as a personal infringement on their rights as "surfers of the Net".   There are a few who don't acknowledge that they are "visitors" and push the envelope to make management and members alike to be servants of their whims.

This really is a great place to be and efforts are made to accommodate everyone, even "new' members.  All one has to do is keep the chip off of their shoulder, follow what few rules we post, honor the wishes of the owner even if they may be "de jour" and try to help members with questions, educate yourself with answer to your questions or just join in on the friendly and sometimes mindless chit-chat. 

Coming into someone's house and demanding to be fed, moving the furniture, rearranging the kitchen, etc, because it doesn't suit you isn't conducive to becoming a family member.  Some folks are bred to recognize that. Some folks don't know any better.  Some folks are so self-centered that they never learn.

Nothing personal here, just a reminder of "how it is".

One can get as much attention for problems here as one is willing to ask for, and be greeted with a smile "to boot".

There may be other sites that perform some functions better than we do because they are on a fast track and narrow line.  We don't mind directions to those sites if it will help the members to satisfy a problem.  It only sticks in the craw when direction is off-site when we do a good job of that very task and doubly so if perceived to be done as a retribution to the guidelines of this site.

LeeB

Thank you Tom. Even a fun house has rules, and as you said there aren't a whole lot of them here but they sure keep it a pleasant place to be. LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

tnlogger

Tom well said  smiley_applause :P . you have not only explaned the few rules that this furum has but also given the purpose of this furum  and what it means to all it's members.
( Tom. sawyer,story teller, teacher,and now diplomate)  8) 8)
gene

Ironwood

Tom,

A lot of substance there, thanks. Exactly how long did it take you to type that? ;D :D
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!