iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pulled Pork Sandwiches and other grilled meals.

Started by 21incher, June 12, 2014, 07:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

Started by smoking a butt on the Weber

Pulled it and added Carolina style sauce from the Weber cookbook. Made some baked beans.

The perfect summer meal. Pulled pork on a whole wheat bun, baked beans, cole slaw, and a ear of corn.

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

sandhills

Now that's just not fair, I just ate a burrito out of a bag  :-\.  Looks like you got some nice juices under there to top it off with, also, I haven't even got my sweet corn planted yet  >:(

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

drobertson

Oh Yea! just talked about this for Christy's Dad, this week end, now its over, it's going to happen! Looks great!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

21incher

Quote from: sandhills on June 12, 2014, 08:41:19 PM
Now that's just not fair, I just ate a burrito out of a bag  :-\.  Looks like you got some nice juices under there to top it off with, also, I haven't even got my sweet corn planted yet  >:(
That corn is from Florida. Just planted my corn last week.

Quote from: drobertson on June 13, 2014, 07:35:23 AM
Oh Yea! just talked about this for Christy's Dad, this week end, now its over, it's going to happen! Looks great!
One of the easiest meals you can make. The Weber does all the work. Enjoy yours.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

isawlogs

That looks good, real good. That corn is how corn should be eaten.  :) :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

luvmexfood

Looks good. Barbecue and fish are two things I cannot eat without coleslaw. And pinto beans are fast joining that list.

When you say Weber are you refering to the regular Weber grills? Had an electric smoker but it bit the dust.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Raider Bill

Explain those beans please. They look to have a bit of a different spin than normal baked beans. I like to get away fro the tomato based beans every once and awhile.
The Weber kettle grill is a great all around cooker.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

21incher

Raider Bill my wife makes the beans using 2 cans of pork and beans, 2 cans of kidney beans drained, 2 cans of baby lima beans drained, chopped sweet onions, and bacon. You can add some molasses if you want them sweeter. We like them better then the standard pork and beans. Actually you can add any other type of beans you like.

Luvmexfood Just the standard Weber charcoal grill. I coat the butt with Jane's crazy salt, cook it indirect for about 7 hours ( add a handful of coals every hour ), use a couple of chunks of hickory to give it some flavor. Let it rest for 1/2 hour and it just falls apart

Raider Bill

Thanks! 
Here's what we had last night.  Some fresh corn on the cob and a salad.

Planman1954

Like I've said before....Where is the "Like" button on here???  :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

coxy

some one should start a ff cook book ill buy the first one  ;D 8)

tule peak timber

I would be happy to contribute some of my recipes for  a  FF cookbook , and I will buy the second copy ! 8)

sandhills

I agree, number 3 spoken for!  ;D

drobertson

I'm thinking raider bill has a rib eye fetish ;D   can't say I blame him either,  that is a steak! wonder what the beverage was?
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

21incher

Tonight was a meatless meal on the grill.

Grilled some portabella mushrooms, sweet Spanish onions, & potato wedges.

Had grilled portabella & onion sandwiches on a grilled bun with a little Italian dressing and it was tasty. Had so much meat lately we decided to try something different and it was great. But you can never get enough corn on the cob. 8)

tule peak timber

Man looking good ! My wife is out of town and I'm foraging leftovers.....

luvmexfood

Yep. Corn on the cob is something I can never tire of.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

thecfarm

meatless OMG   :o   that is as bad as grits
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

Meat less is heat less, ;D   
but I have the boston butt in a brine right now, kosher salt and brown sugar, going on around 5 in the morning.

21incher

Quote from: thecfarm on June 14, 2014, 09:33:36 PM
meatless OMG   :o   that is as bad as Smoked Sucker
I guess that means I would like Smoked Sucker.

Raider Bill

Quote from: drobertson on June 14, 2014, 01:31:59 PM
I'm thinking raider bill has a rib eye fetish ;D   can't say I blame him either,  that is a steak! wonder what the beverage was?

Yepper Rib Eye is my favorite followed by Porterhouse.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale while cooking so I didn't get dehydrated  :D :D and a Light Chianti to help digestion ;)

Den Socling

That Pale Ale is a great choice. Garrett and I went for a motorcycle ride last night. We stopped at a tervern for a beer and sandwich. They had pulled pork but I turned it down. I knew it would be a dissapointment after reading this thread. Great sandwiches are here!  :) I would have to bring this thread to the cook.

21incher

A couple of porterhouses, potato wedges, & onions. Corn on the cob also. Went out and picked up the steaks and did not realize they were made in Mexico until I got home and read the fine print on the label. They were still excellent, but I wonder what the cow  was fed. :)

Thank You Sponsors!