iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Harvester bar tips

Started by ABTS, January 21, 2013, 03:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABTS

Have any of you had any experience with gem bar tips . Ihave a fabtek 153 and I am try noy to eat tips. In hardwood I see more problems with cutting limbs and such .But cutting pine should not be such an issue . I do use Oregon tips also but the gems are half the price with no shipping were I can not get a Oregon tip without having to pay shipping. I do grease the tips but that doean't seem to make a difference. Any thoughts would be help full.

JLeBouton

Chain tension makes a big difference. There is a new tensioner available through Menominee industrial supply. It re-tensions the chain every time you make a cut. You can also flip the bar, or change the chain with only one tool, in about 30 seconds. I guess the feedback they are getting back from the woods, is that there are few, to no chain throws, and the increased bar/tip life, makes the unit pay for itself pretty quickly. Its manufactured by J.P. SKIDMORE LLC, and sold through Menominee industrial. It might be worth looking into.

ABTS

My brother bought roller clean outs from him really good stuff at a good price . Is that system similar to the one that cat has. I know another cutter who has that one and he really likes it . Cool i will half to check that out.

snowstorm

i ordered some new harvester bars. trying a new brand iggesund from sweden. priced about the same as oregon. blondin the rottne dis. has them. should be here in a couple days. we shall see how they stand up

Thank You Sponsors!