iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Yankee Woodlot videos

Started by ford400, January 26, 2013, 08:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ford400

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLo-4bH8-Jk

Found this series of videos from Maine titled the Yankee Woodlot. Interestering to watch video from 30 years ago and the advice given to private woodlot owners.

Some of you may even know some the guest speakers.

Holmes

Was that Swampdonkey with the brushcutter at the start of the video? :D  Thanks for posting , I will watch the episodes later.
Think like a farmer.

Mooseherder

I just watched the first episode.  Great Find! :)

GRANITEstateMP

Good find, just watched the first one!  Love the Chevy Luv pickup the guy in Tamworth had.
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Okrafarmer

Thanks! Watching it now! So far I don't see anyone I know, but I may by the end of the series. This was when I was just a young tyke, so I find it very sentimental.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

coxy

part 9 the big wigs would have field day to day with the kid on the dozer  wouldent want to cut all the wood  and was that an egg the guy took out of the cooker  ok need to go to the fridge lol

g_man

Thanks. Justed finished number 1. I plan on watching the rest Looks interesting.

shinnlinger

I've selectively watched the whole thing. good stuff!!!
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Okrafarmer

I'm leisurely making my way through them. Good stuff! I hope maybe one day WDH and/or Dodgy Loner will hold a field day where they can take us through some stands and show us some stuff. Or some of our other great foresters on here, just thought of them because they're so quick to id the species, and because WDH is not too far from me, and manages his own property so nicely!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Thank You Sponsors!