iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing more Walnut before the flood begins Video

Started by 123maxbars, February 18, 2019, 10:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

Anyone else here getting more than average rain fall? We are suppose to get another 5 inches of rain this week in NorthEast TN. I have never seen this much rain before here. My farm is a swamp and the creek floods daily into my pasture. None the less I was able to get some nice walnut sawed up today, here is the video of the days work.

ANOTHER LOG THAT NOBODY WANTED, YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHATS UNDER THE BARK - YouTube
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

YellowHammer

Me too, lots of rain, ran and more rain.  
Nice walnut
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

redbeard

Was wondering where all the Pacific Northwest  rain went too! 
Sure do enjoy watching your videos, especially all the walnut milling you have been doing.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Southside

Maybe you should build high end boats with those.  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

nativewolf

Quote from: 123maxbars on February 18, 2019, 10:49:14 PM
Anyone else here getting more than average rain fall? We are suppose to get another 5 inches of rain this week in NorthEast TN. I have never seen this much rain before here. My farm is a swamp and the creek floods daily into my pasture. None the less I was able to get some nice walnut sawed up today, here is the video of the days work.

ANOTHER LOG THAT NOBODY WANTED, YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHATS UNDER THE BARK - YouTube
Dry as a bone here in northern va, less than 70" last year and only 150% above average this year.  Fish will start dying if my front yard dries out anymore.  
On topic:  NICE wood!
Liking Walnut

AZ_builder

Love your videos! 3" of snow and falling here. It's been a really wet cold winter. In the desert, that's good.

WV Sawmiller

Nathan,

Nice vid. Good looking wood and sounds like the price was right. I was thinking about you 2-3 days ago when I walked up in the holler to investigate what turned out to be 2 uprooted maples I had spotted back during deer season. On the way I spotted a good sized walnut uprooted in an ice storm 20 years ago. The rootball and butt log are almost buried in runoff since the but after watching your vids I may try to cut and snake it out with a snatch block and cable. I will try to get the maple this summer if it ever dries up as too wet to carry my saw and Logrite cant hook up there. I will have to buck the maple logs to length and roll them down the draw till I can reach them with my ATV and maybe even my log arch.

I'm tempted to call GA Wm and order one of those gas tanks as I have same kind and worry about what happens if it fails. The coupling broke last summer but they had that in stock and only took a few minutes to repair/replace when I got the part.

BTW - I'm not that far east of you and we are fighting the same rain. Mud is my biggest issue right now. I am supposed to do a demo for the Soil Conservation District Saturday and looks like we may have to do it inside. Makes me worry about attendance. We will see.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

123maxbars

Quote from: Southside logger on February 19, 2019, 07:40:21 AM
Maybe you should build high end boats with those.  :D
lol good thought, maybe if it keeps up, 5 inches headed our way, 
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

123maxbars

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on February 19, 2019, 08:42:56 AM
Nathan,

Nice vid. Good looking wood and sounds like the price was right. I was thinking about you 2-3 days ago when I walked up in the holler to investigate what turned out to be 2 uprooted maples I had spotted back during deer season. On the way I spotted a good sized walnut uprooted in an ice storm 20 years ago. The rootball and butt log are almost buried in runoff since the but after watching your vids I may try to cut and snake it out with a snatch block and cable. I will try to get the maple this summer if it ever dries up as too wet to carry my saw and Logrite cant hook up there. I will have to buck the maple logs to length and roll them down the draw till I can reach them with my ATV and maybe even my log arch.

I'm tempted to call GA Wm and order one of those gas tanks as I have same kind and worry about what happens if it fails. The coupling broke last summer but they had that in stock and only took a few minutes to repair/replace when I got the part.

BTW - I'm not that far east of you and we are fighting the same rain. Mud is my biggest issue right now. I am supposed to do a demo for the Soil Conservation District Saturday and looks like we may have to do it inside. Makes me worry about attendance. We will see.
The GA guys actually told me if they ever dont have that tank you can get one from a marine type dealer if needed. I might go ahead and get a second one though, it was cheap, 
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Mossy Chariot

As always, nice walnut.  Look to be 8/4 or 9/4.  Do you dry any of these in your kiln or sale as is, air drying until someone comes to buy?  Do you ever have clients bring you pictures of finished tables, etc.?  Share some before and after pictures sometime if they do!
Thanks Nathan!! 
Tony B
LT35HD, Riehl Edger, Woodmaster 725 Planer/Molder, Nyle 53 Drying Kiln, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, T750 Bobcat, E50 Excavator, Kubota 3450, Wallenstein Skidding Winch, Vermeer BC1250 Chipper, Stihl 250 & 460, Can-Am Defender

Crossroads

Another nice video! Our rain is falling in the form of snow, we've gotten about 3' in the last 2 weeks and 8-10" coming tonight. 

That's a Mazda pickup parked to the left of the dump truck 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

OffGrid973

Chainsaw sling on tractor (check)

Smoke pouring off a raging blade (check)

For real though, smoking blade and we let it run, no worries of the tension band on the wheel melting?  Or do Higher level LT-xx have a Different setup then LT-10 where heat wouldn't be an issue of melting something.
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

Southside

I expected to hear you say "heck I don't even own any pajamas", during the Red-Box commentary.  :D TMI, TMI !!
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WV Sawmiller

i meant to comment on the PJs too. I know it is annoying watching the folks run around in their PJs but when they change out of them the probably put on their prison britches with the seat hanging and their drawers showing. And the women showing off their bra straps and thong tops is another issue but I digress. You just wait till I get elected head of the fashion police and I'm gonna put a stop to this. I'm expecting your vote.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!