Sponsors:

Sawmill extention

Started by Chuck White, April 17, 2018, 07:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

For a 1986 LT30

Available or not?

Recommended or not?

My neighbor was asking if it would be possible, I looked at his mill and there is a sawhead stop welded on the end of the top rail, so I'm guessing it wouldn't be possible without being more work than it's worth!

Any inputs out there ??
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

starmac

My mill is an 88 LT40, and what I was told was the extensions back then were made for each mill and had to be ordered at the time of the mill. It was sometime later a design change made it possible to order an extension and it would bolt up, maybe 96 or so..
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Chuck White

The extension would be for a 1986 LT30!

My new Amish neighbor was wondering if it's possible!

Personally, I really don't think so without a lot of custom fitting!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

ladylake

Anything is possible with enough work,  he might be better off buying a manual push mill like a EZ Boardwalk 40 which should be easy to make as long as he wants, plus that would do the big logs.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Slingshot

I built a 4ft extension on a 1995 LT30 that I had a few years ago so I could saw up to a 20ft log. Could have gone longer but that is all I needed....

Jim_Rogers

I added a 6' bed extension to my 94 LT30.
You'll (he'll) have to measure the distance from the top of top rail to the bottom of the bottom rail and see what it is.
I've measured mine and it's 10" or maybe 10 1/16"
If his is the same then any standard bed extension should bolt up with some minor modifications.
I posted a story about how I drilled out my rails to add pegs for aligning the bed extension to the mill here on the FF. You can search for it and find it, I'm sure. It includes a step by step instructions of how I do it.
Good luck.
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Stuart Caruk

Someone built the original mill. A person with average fabricating skills can easily build an extension.
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

Thank You Sponsors!