iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Guacamole recipe

Started by Mooseherder, February 01, 2011, 10:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

I have made this a couple times after my daughter introduced me to it. :)
There have been a few times over the years when we tried to make it but it was never as good as this simple recipe.
Peel, pit and mash one large ripe Avocado in a bowl.
Then add these ingredients.
Dice half a tomato,
dice a quarter of a sweet onion,
Dust with garlic salt to your liking.
I added a teaspoon of minced garlic over my daughter's recipe.
You have to eat it all the day you make it because it wasn't good the next day. :D

Reddog

Mmmm,

Quote from: Mooseherder on February 01, 2011, 10:12:24 PM
You have to eat it all the day you make it because it wasn't good the next day. :D

A tablespoon or two of lime juice mixed in fixes that.

sandhills

Thanks for the fixins, I love good guacamole :)

Burlkraft

If you leave the nut from the avocado in the guacamole it will stay nice and green

Brown is not a good color  :-\
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Norm

I'll confess I've never eaten guacamole before. Every time I see them in the grocery store they look awful. Any tips on how to tell if they are good to use?

okmulch

I like to use a touch of cumin and chili powder also.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Reddog

Quote from: Norm on February 02, 2011, 07:48:26 AM
Every time I see them in the grocery store they look awful. Any tips on how to tell if they are good to use?

Norm, they should a nice dark green color, and firm to the touch. When you get it home leave it on the counter until it just gives to pressure squeezing and then it is good to eat. If you cut it open and there are some dark splotches just spoon those out and eat the rest. It is hit or miss on them, out of say buying 10, 1 will be tossed for being bad when I cut it open.

Kansas

Seems like I don't plan ahead so I usually look for ones that will dent a little in the store. Firm works fine but they have to sit a day or two before they soften enough to mash them.

Tom

Maybe someone should put a Guacamole Recipe on the Knowledge Base. 

Texas Ranger

True guac has cilantro in it.  Ask any one from Texas. 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Texas Ranger

Oh, and a Shiner Bock just to make it all smooth. 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

jim king

QuoteTrue guac has cilantro in it.  Ask any one from Texas.

I forgot the Cilantro.  It is part of the recepi here also.  Here the people put cilantro in any and everything.

It took me years before I could stand it and now I actually like it.

Thank You Sponsors!