iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

We remember...

Started by Faron, September 11, 2005, 09:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faron

Today is the Fourth Anniversary of the attacks on America.  I hope all Americans will renew our determination to defend our country and pursue those who intend to harm us wherever they may be.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Frank_Pender

Frank Pender

farmerdoug

I second that thought too, Faron :)
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

oakiemac

Well said Faron.
I just pray that we pursue the true enemies and not just political agendas.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

tnlogger

gene

jjmk98k

Last night I watched on Discovery "The Flight that fought back".... about Flight 93, the one that crashed in my home state of PA

excellent movie...gut wrenching and tear producing... but the story needed to be told and I wanted to see.
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

sawguy21

A bunch of us had a long discussion about it yesterday. It really changed our world.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

mike_van

I'm about 90 miles from NYC,  a man who lives up the road from me lost his young son that day.  Just out of college, landed a good job with Cantor Fitzgerald.  How he deals with that loss is beyond me,  the rage, hate, bitterness, sadness must be overwhelming.
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Chris Burchfield

They have these flags set up along my drive to work, so I pass it morning and evening. It creates a somber atmosphere just to drive by and see all the flags lined up some with the yellow ribbons for the service people who have died. Not quiet as sombering as the Vietnam Veterans Wall but creates the same feeling of reverience in the air.

Memphis TN will is the host city to a 2005 Patriot Day Healing Field of more than 4500 flags.  These 3x5' flags stand 8 foot tall in perfect rows and columns across a field of green. 3000 of the flags stand in honor of a life lost in the terrorist attacks on September 11th 2001. This living memorial flies as a patriotic tribute to the strength and unity of Americans.

A soldier's Coalition Healing Field is also be displayed with one flag and yellow ribbon for each service man or woman who has given their life in the fight against terrorism since 9/11/01.
The Healing Field display is located at Agricenter International, 7777 Walnut Grove Rd., Memphis. A breathtaking display of patriotism and unity, this community project is free to all who wish to participate and heal together from the heartache of a nation attacked. For more information o­n the history of the Healing Field read the Story of the Idea . www.healingfield.org/memphis/

I know, but seeing it helps me realize why we must do, what we do, to protect our families. It's obviouse there are crazy people in the world who will attack us here, I just think it's better to root them out of the rat holes they hide in, in their own country. God bless our troops where ever they may be and protect the innocent who find themselves in harms way. Amen.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Faron

I watched the movie on the Discovery Channel as well.  Those folks on that plane really staged the first counterstrike in  the war on terror, I think.  Shortly after 9-11, we saw a "Let's Roll!" license plate for sale at an antique tractor show.  My wife asked if I wanted one for my pickup.  I stood there and thought about it for a minute, and decided that I didn't.  It just seemed to me the spirit embodied by that phrase was too noble to be hanging from my front bumper.  I figured that might become a battle cry among our troops once the war began. I don't know if that happened or not.  I did buy the book "Let's Roll!" by Lisa Beamer.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Thank You Sponsors!