iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Now I remember

Started by bushmechanic, December 28, 2017, 09:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushmechanic

Now I remember why I don't like Perkins engines that well, just so darn time consuming to rebuild. I can have a Detroit Diesel liner out in five minutes at the most. The Perkins dry liner has to be pulled out and is hard all the way, taking about 20 to 40 minutes to draw out and has to be drawn back in as well....grrrr! That's my rant for today.

Grizzly

Cheaper to rebuild than to replace? Or why would you keep on with it? And think of all the patience and skills your developing! Your a long way away so I can be brave. Right?  ;D
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

mike_belben

Put a few dots of mig weld on the inside to shrink it. 
Praise The Lord

Skeans1

Then throw the new ones in the freezer for the night or outside if colder.

bushmechanic

Well Grizzly it's not my engine or it would have been replaced :D. It belongs to a good buddie of mine out of a Cat 211 excavator. Sorry Mike I can't destroy something if it's still OK to use again. I'm a bit of a hoarder, it'll go back in the box and be put on the shelf in case someone needs it. Good idea Skeans1 and it may fit into the bottom of the hydraulic press ;)

gspren

My only experience with a Perkins was to start it up and run it, seemed fine.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

mike_belben

Well, i cant say i havent wasted a lot of my time rescuing some silly tidbit of junk..  Unfortunately i still do it all the time.  Probably part of why i live in a camper.
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!