iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What bars fit a stihl 088?

Started by Kelvin, February 02, 2004, 04:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvin

I'm looking for a used bar for a pretty new 088 i picked up.  Do the bars off 090's fit this saw?  I know i need 404 pitch, but what are the other important measurements?  I know the way it is drilled to accept the tensioner, and bolts are different sometimes as well.  How do i know when i've found the right bar?  Any one have a good use 48"+ bar that would fit it?  I'm ripping large trees to fit on my mill.  Thanks for any help,
Kelvin

Captain

Send an IM to Revcant, he has an alaskan mill setup and a bar to fit a Stihl 088.  

Captain

oldsaw-addict

I would recommend consulting your dealer for the right bar mount pattern. Usually if the bar fits properly on a 044 it will fit an 88 without any trouble. But just to play it safe, I would still see the nearest chainsaw dealer for the correct bar for your 088. be safe and have fun with the milling. I know I do, or would IF I had a mill to use :D
Let there be saws for all mankind!

Kevin

If you use the Canadian selector guide the bars are interchangeable.

click here

woodbeard

044 bar will not fit the 088. The main difference is the studs. The larger saws have 14mm and the smaller have 12mm. 090, 070, 088, 084 share the same mount, although the 090 and 070 need an extra set of adjuster pin holes.

Thank You Sponsors!