iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

T.V. on the gas pumps????

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, December 27, 2012, 12:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Stopped at a Shell station to get gas this morning. I look down to pick up the nozzle and noticed the pumps had T.V.s installed in them.
I was using my credit card and had planned on getting just $20.00 worth since I like to fill up at the station next my house.
Well, I got to watching the news on the DanG T.V. and before I knew it, I had put in $63.00 worth of gas.
I think I know why there is a T.V. in the pumps now.  >:(

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sawguy21

Unbelievable. ::) That is quite the sales gimmick
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

clww

I have seen those before, too. Not in Virginia, though.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

steamsawyer

I might try that station if they can get Duck Dynasty. :D :D :new_year:
J. A. Vance circular sawmill, 52" blade, powered by a 70 HP 9 1/2 x 10 James Leffel portable steam engine.

Inside this tired old mans body is just a little boy that wants to go out and play.

Great minds think alike.....  Does your butt itch too?

Alan Rudd
Steam Punk Extraordinaire.

beenthere

As well, the TV likely gets a customer to look directly at the TV camera while taking their picture. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Warbird

One of the stations up here put in speakers that blare ads at you when you start filling up.  They have a mute button but those stopped working, mysteriously, after a few weeks.  All you have to do to mute the sound is place your hand over the speaker but still, I took my business elsewhere.

Last thing I need/want is more media trying to inject itself into my mind.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Warbird on December 27, 2012, 04:49:40 PM
One of the stations up here put in speakers that blare ads at you when you start filling up.  They have a mute button but those stopped working, mysteriously, after a few weeks.  All you have to do to mute the sound is place your hand over the speaker but still, I took my business elsewhere.

Last thing I need/want is more media trying to inject itself into my mind.

Warbird, I think I'll use duck tape next time and put it over the speakers. At least I'll be helping the next guy. :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Delawhere Jack

I am gross and perverted
Im obsessed n deranged
I have existed for years
But very little had changed
I am the tool of the government
And industry too
For I am destined to rule
And regulate you

I may be vile and pernicious
But you can't look away
I make you think Im delicious
With the stuff that I say
I am the best you can get
Have you guessed me yet?
I am the slime oozin out
From your tv set

You will obey me while I lead you
And eat the garbage that I feed you
Until the day that we don't need you
Don't got for help...no one will heed you
Your mind is totally controlled
It has been stuffed into my mold
And you will do as you are told
Until the rights to you are sold

That's right, folks..
Don't touch that dial

Well, I am the slime from your video
Oozin along on your livinroom floor

I am the slime from your video
Cant stop the slime, people, lookit me go

I'm The Slime,
Frank Zappa

Jeff

Leno and the tonight show have some in L.A. rigged where the newscaster on the screen talks right to the person at the pump. They mess with people in all sorts of ways.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

clww

That would be funny! :D Kind of like that old show, "You're on Candid Camera", with the talking mailbox.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Roxie

It does surprise a person at first, but the only one in this area has the weather channel on, and I thought it was great.   :)

Say when

JuniperBoss

Congratulations, you've been the next victim of the art of distraction. What a clever sales tactic. Want to get some money? Put a T.V. in front of a guy and pick his pocket! Try doing that after putting a book in front of a guy. You'll get this  smiley_argue01 and then you get this  :rifle:. Ah, technology has it's way among us.
"The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense." --- Thomas Edison

Thank You Sponsors!