iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ms362, increasing oil output.

Started by PartTimeJack, November 28, 2017, 07:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PartTimeJack

I just purchased a 362 and have been running it for a few hours felling a couple elms. Runs great with the 20" bar, but noticed it wasn't putting enough bar oil out for my liking, even for a 20" and opened up all the way. If I was to switch to a 25" I don't know if it would be putting out enough.
Anyone have experience with a 25" bar on this saw, and oiling.
Thanks!
Just a Farmer learnin to be a Jack.

drobertson

yep, I found that running winter grade oil all the time works the best, there is not much adjustment on the oil flow, but a (looser) oil works for me,, I have been running the Itasco winter grade brand, keep in mind I dont' run the saw that much,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

DelawhereJoe

I've found with my 362 that the tractor supply oil has a higher volume output then the Stihl orange jug. I have a 25" bar also and it still doesn't really keep the chain wet, but it doesn't have smoke rolling off it either.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

PartTimeJack

Thanks for the replies, I've been contemplating giving the winter grade a try. Has anyone ever heard of changing the oiler out for one off of something like a 440 or 660.
Just a Farmer learnin to be a Jack.

DelawhereJoe

Yes but it was from a ms 461, only problem is you have the ability to empty the oil tank far sooner then your gas.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Thank You Sponsors!