iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pole barn fire

Started by goose63, February 08, 2016, 08:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goose63

Nancy stayed after work to watch the S B game when she got home bout 11 she said there wsa a red glow to the north and then a big explosion Nancy drove past this pole barn in a high wind blowing snow was hard to see any thing   

second picture was taking from the road she was on last night so the fire was just getting started and she could see it in the blinding snow its 1 and half mile from here she had to stop 3 times in the snow be for she got home.

Thy lost every thing 2 combines 3 4wheal drive tractors 2 trucks with hopper bottom grain trailers one had a full load of corn 
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Magicman

No matter what the cause was, that is just sad.   :'(
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

At least the wind was from the north so no other buildings were hurt and two fire departments and every one went home safe.

The barn was 100 feet wide and 200 feet long and not two years old yet
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

yukon cornelius

sure hate to see that! glad everyone is safe.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

beenthere

For sure, that is real sad to see...
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WV Sawmiller

Sure sorry to hear and see that. You did not mention that anyone was hurt so that is the most important thing but I know is hard on the family.

Gives me a flashback to Bagram Afghanistan a few years ago when I was working on the base there. Our frozen food warehouse burned in high winds. Was a metal building and mostly the insulation on the building and packaging materials burned. The remaining shell was unstable and we could not get in to remove the rotting foods and was pretty foul for a couple of weeks till we could prepare it for demo and safely take it down.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Corley5

Sad for sure  :(  Hope they have adequate insurance.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Autocar

About every night I worry about fires when Iam laying in bed, Not sure why but alot of times I will pull battery cables off equipment worrying about mice or chipmunks chewing wires. Had a R model Mack once that squirrels chewed every wire all the way back to the battery box. To this day I never figeued out how it didn't catch fire in the shop. Nothing but bare copper wires  ???,
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!