iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Take a nut leave a nut !!!

Started by isawlogs, September 26, 2008, 02:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Robert :
   With a .22 .  ;D 

Glad to hear they made it , Beenthere and I got to wondering on how they deliver things bur it all turned out fine . I had a tracking number for his and checking on the parcel where abouts on sunday , the site had it delivered to Windsor ....  :o  Thats closer , but aint where I sent it .  >:(  I got on the horn on Monday AM and was about to raise a rukuss when the post master told me it was delivered to customs in Windsor ....  ::)  OK .... Beenthere sent me a note about the same time asking me about the parcel .....  :D
We got it all cleared a half hour after he sent me that note the parcel was delivered to him .  8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Dodgy Loner

Got my nuts today, banjo picker!  Thanks a bunch 8)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Robert Long

Isawlogs

That's funny, :D :D  Beenthere's nuts passed through Windsor (right by my house on their way to you!

Robert

SwampDonkey

They'll be jinxed or tainted now Marcel. :D :D

It's funny when I try to track a package here. The last sighting is usually near Montreal and then it's lost in the dark void of the Maritimes. They won't list it's location after that.  One time I got a location and a package was in Moncton. It has to go by here to get there, 3 hours away. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Banjo picker

Hey Swampdonkey, I went back and read the link to the butternuts....you are the butternut guru it seems....In so doing I think I might be well advised to plant them where I want them instead of planting and then transplanting....Ponder this...how about taking an aluminum can, cut both ends out plant the nut then push the can over it, leaving about an inch out of the ground...stick a flag in the ground by it..after its 5 years old come back and cut the can off...Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Banjo picker

SD another question, after they come up,(being opmististic) are the deer going to have the hots for them.  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

SwampDonkey

Deer don't seem to bother them, except like a moose to scrape their velvet when they get a few feet tall.  >:( However, protect from the rodents when they are little.

Mark the area you've sunk the nuts into and start protecting them as they emerge. I like the fine wire better (1 cm square stuff), and splay the base like an upside down peeled banana to keep critters from digging around it. You basically wrap the tree loose with the wire. Then splay the base of the wire cage. Just use wire snips and cut slits 6" and bend at 90 ° to make feet that sit on top of the ground. The can might restrict lateral root growth by sinking it in the mud. Don't think that would be a good idea. If I can relocate them on the woodlot, it's not too hard to find them in the yard. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!