iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rocking Horse

Started by stanwelch, November 26, 2016, 07:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stanwelch

I was asked to build a rocking horse for my grand niece for Christmas. Body is from a white pine taken from the front yard when it got too tall for the power line. Never thought to look up when we planted the pine seedlings 45 years ago :D. Cherry head pieces and ash rocker base from our woodlot.  All lumber sawed on the LT15.

In the background is the Horse I built for my grandson about 12 years ago.  I borrowed it back for a visual aid building the new one.  This Horse had lost its mane and tail from the kiddos attacks over the years. I had just enough yard left over to repair the original.  No longer bald. This Horse is made from a single white pine board and has developed a nice patina.

Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

Bill Gaiche

Thats a nice looking horse. He's ready to hit the trail. bg

LaneC

Oh, that is a very nice horse. did you name it? it looks very good. a lot of craftsmanship went into that.
Man makes plans and God smiles

Sixacresand

Those wooden horses will be family heirlooms for many years.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!