iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Outhouse #4.....going to Louisiana

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 28, 2016, 07:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Custom built Pine Outhouse trimmed in Cedar......with porch..... going to Slaughter, LA.
Well.....almost.
Customer had a truck to come pick it up. He didn't figure the pallet thickness that HAS to go under it.
Whoops! Gonna send a flatbed now.  :)

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ljohnsaw

That's funny.  But, really.  Wouldn't a tape measure been a little easier and faster? :D
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: ljohnsaw on November 28, 2016, 07:52:48 PM
That's funny.  But, really.  Wouldn't a tape measure been a little easier and faster? :D

He didn't consider the pallet.  :o :o :o

fishpharmer

I wasn't far from there last week, I could have delivered it.  My teenage daughter would have loved pulling an outhouse to LA. :D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

thecfarm

DanG,I need one of those. And no,I'm not sending a flatbed to SC to get one.  :D
We have go carts parties and there is no outhouse across the road. Everyone comes up to the house. It's not really that far,5-600 feet,but get 30-40 people and there is a steady stream. Friends will invite friends and they will invite friends and we have people in the house that we have no idea who they are.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on November 28, 2016, 09:17:55 PM

We have go carts parties and there is no outhouse across the road. Everyone comes up to the house.

Problem solved.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

cbla

LaneC

Man makes plans and God smiles

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

21incher

Another great job. Why not just lay it down on a pallet on its back for traveling? :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

WLC

That is one of, if not THE, nicest outhouses I have ever seen. Do you ship to Alaska?:)

Only one question.  Does it come with a blue foam seat?  Gotta have a blue foam seat so the backside don't freeze.
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

Woodey

WOODMIZER LT40HDD34CAT w/accuset
JLG SKYTRAK 6036 Telescopic Forklift
NYLE L200 KILN
BAKER M412 MOULDER

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The customer sent his son and a friend to pick it up early yesterday morning. They were asleep in the log yard when I got there. We loaded it up and strapped her down.
It made it......all the way back to Louisiana.  8)

4x4American

That is a really nice outhouse.  I type this from my outhouse :)
Boy, back in my day..

Magicman

That transportation method makes much better sense.   :)

smiley_headscratch  I am anxious to see what #5 will look like.   smiley_idea
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WV Sawmiller

My last lumber sale was to a guy about 6 miles away to build an outhouse. His wife and I discussed how many bf they needed for the walls, roof floor and seat. He also order 4x4s and some 2X4s so I don't know how he planned to use them. I'll bet it is not as fancy as Dave's already built porta potty. They had the hole dug when I got there to deliver the lumber and IMHO it was not deep enough. This was a working outhouse - not a novelty item to show off.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

WLC

Quite a few "working" outhouses up here still.  Lots of weekend and off grid cabins without running water.  Hole needs to be about 3X3 and as absolutely deep as you can make it (4ft or deeper).  That way you don't have to move the outhouse so much.
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

caveman

There is a church near where I live that just installed indoor plumbing a year or so ago, Little Flock Primitive Baptist Church.  They have male and female out houses, two seat models even.  A good friend of mine serves as the preacher there.  They had to remove a couple of pews to make room for the bathroom ;D. 

David, maybe #5 will be a two story model.  If you get a big run on outhouse orders that need truck transport, the roof and rafter section could be put on a separate pallet and installed by the customer. 
Caveman

Carson-saws

Beautiful work as always Sir... Your detail to all of them is great......I was curious...could you have laid it on its back and braced under it to get it in the truck?  Glad it all worked out though. 
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

blackfoot griz

4x4American

Quote from: blackfoot griz on December 06, 2016, 11:03:33 PM
$300?

Couldn't resist.  ;D

Well it's the fourth one soo $300 x 4 = $1,200...It's only fair
Boy, back in my day..

OffGrid973

Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Carson-saws on December 06, 2016, 08:56:13 AM
Beautiful work as always Sir... Your detail to all of them is great......I was curious...could you have laid it on its back and braced under it to get it in the truck?  Glad it all worked out though.

The trucking company would not let us lay it down. Plus it had to have a pallet under it. :)

Thank You Sponsors!