iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Pantry Cabinet for Mrs. Beaver

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, January 02, 2017, 10:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver Lumber

Mrs. Beaver loves her kitchen gadgets and makes good use of all of them, but we were starting to run out of dedicated kitchen counter space for the larger ones that you just use occasionally such as the portable ice maker, food dehydrator, bread machine and the likes. Plus the existing pantry in the kitchen was getting cluttered with my 3 month at a time shipments of diabetic supplies.

So Mrs. Beaver asked for a large cabinet in the four seasons room to store such items. It took her and I two days to build and paint this cabinet and now she has more than 56 running feet of 18" deep shelf space. All said 6 sheets of plywood, 32 1x2 furring strips, 4  1 x 4, and 2  1 x 3 pine boards, plus about $40 in hinges and knobs for a total build cost of about $275. Thank God for nail guns.

This was very high on the Spousal Approval Scale.

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

kettlekorn

Sure looks like a lot of very usable space.  Nice!
EZ Boardwalk Jr , Kubota L3800,  250 acre farm

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

WDH

Good job.  Would have cost you big $ to have a cabinet maker make them. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

21incher

That came out nice. Looks like she could use some more small appliances to fill all those shelves.  ;D
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

yukon cornelius

That looks nice! It is never a bad idea to keep the Mrs. happy.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Busy Beaver Lumber

Thanks all for the nice compliments. She takes good care of me, its the least I can do to make her happy.
:)
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Thank You Sponsors!