iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New LT40H owner

Started by CharlieA, March 02, 2012, 11:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieA

I have an LT40 Hydraulic.  Its set up for portable use at this point.  Some of my neighbors have expressed interest in bringing logs to me, however, I'm not sure I want to deal with the slab piles.

I think the plan is to build a saw shed and park the thing.

Everyone around here has no issues handling timber.  I live in a rural area surrounded by ranches.

Fuel costs here are crazy.  Not like you Americans, where you enjoy much cheaper fuel.  For example... A litre of gas is 132.4 (a gallon of gas is 3.78l)  Diesel is 130.4

When push comes to shove however, I will always follow the money, wherever that takes me...  ;D

Good, Fast, Cheap... Pick 2.

Magicman

Me being 100% portable, my argument is that the sawmill is cheaper to transport than logs.  I leave the lumber, slabs, and sawdust plus the stacking at the customer's location.

Three times this year and I scheduled another tonight, I lodged with the customer while sawing their logs.  That eliminates my travel expenses which ups my profit.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Woodchuck53

I agree on the transport MM. Some of the old guys I sawed for didn't want the mess and as long as it was oak I was fine with that. I use about 4 ricks of fire wood a year so that was good. Pine another story.

I will try and get me a used grinder as I tool up more for retirement. CV
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Thank You Sponsors!