iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

064 advice

Started by HousewrightVA, August 21, 2012, 10:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HousewrightVA

I need some tuning advice for my 064. The saw starts fine, it will idle and it will rev OK. As soon as it gets in the cut and there is a load on the motor at full throttle it will die. Release the throttle and it will idle . It was running so-so at half throttle with a load, but is getting worse. I replaced the fuel filter and air filter but no change. Before I just start changing parts til I find the problem, someone please share some wisdom.
Thanks for your help
skidsteer logger
Case 1840  440  580B
2016 LT40 Super

JohnG28

Have you pulled the muffler off and had a look at the p/c? Not usually a good sign if its getting worse and you haven't changed anything.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Al_Smith

The symptoms are a classic example of a carb that needs rebuilt .Over time plus the ethanol content of the gasoline the main diaphragm of the carb looses it's resiliancy  and is unable to supply enough fuel for full throttle conditions .

Easy enough fix ,just rebuild the carb .

nmurph

Cracks in the fuel line will do the same thing.

HousewrightVA

The p/c are fine.
Al and Murph..pretty much what I was thinking.
Thank you
skidsteer logger
Case 1840  440  580B
2016 LT40 Super

Al_Smith

:D I have rebuilt so many carbs that occasionly I get complacent .More than once I've failed to consider the fuel lines might have been bad .Oh well I kinda figure sooner or later the carb would need rebuilding so it came sooner than later .

JohnG28

Suppose I was thinking a little further ahead, instead of basics like fuel first. Got thinking rings maybe due to the saw being older.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Thank You Sponsors!