iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Storing Blades

Started by WkndCutter, May 04, 2006, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA-Sawyer

Does a Green Collar mean somthing special ?  Maybe you was being frocked as a Forester or something like that.  ;)  Of course, you was looking over his garden....maybe it is a step up from a green thumb.  :)
VA-Sawyer

Buzz-sawyer

Heck Virginia.....
Green colars.....or collard greens....probably has something to do with those comfounded grits?
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

sawman

Quote from: Tom on May 06, 2006, 12:02:24 PM
I don't mean to butt in, but has anybody read the knowledge base or followed the link in post #5 of this thread?

I would like to know if that information is any good or just wasting space.

There are several ways to fold band blades.  It unnerves me to hear of or see someone throw one.  You might not get hurt and then, again, you might.  You are certainly risking harming the blade.   :)

This is where I learned how to coil the blades, I found it very informative and helpful.                                                 
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

Tom

Thankyou Sawman.   smiley_clapping

Bro. Noble

Thanks Tom,

I have been able to coil them for a few years,  but I've always struggled with uncoiling them until I read this thread :D  If I keep learning stuff,  pretty soon I'll be a know-it-all ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Tom

You're getting DanG close to it now, Br'er Noble.  :D

Bro. Noble

I knew that :D :D :D  I  was just trying to be modest ::)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

tcsmpsi

Many thanks, Tom.  As it is raining yet again today, and it is getting closer to time for me to change my first bandmill blade, and since I had a couple new blades in the back of the truck, thought I would take a moment and see about the 'coiling of the blade' aspect I had read about here earlier.

Uncoiling was not a problem at all, since the blade wants to uncoil, and that worked immediately and without fanfare.

Coiling it back up, though, I had to come back and look at Tom's adept photo band coiling helper.  Went back in the shop, sure enough, that was easy-breezy as well.  Once it starts proper, it wants to coil back up.

Thanks again, Tom.
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Thank You Sponsors!