iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Clark 664 transmission lever

Started by Plankton, November 06, 2015, 05:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plankton

Quick question for the clark experts on here, since I bought my skidder the forward reverse stick is loose to shift meaning it will fall out of reverse into forward if I don't have my hand on it. Not a huge deal but I'm finishing up a whole bunch of fixes on it tommorow and moving it to a job next week. I ordered the seals with some other stuff so I already have them here figured I'd try to fix that before logging again.

Question is, do I just take the shifting linkage off the spools behind the seat and pull the spools out the top of the body to replace the seals?

I'm confused because the bottom of that body seems solid nothing to take off to pull the spools out the bottom. Otherwise I would remove it and take it apart on the bench like I just did to with the steer blade valve control.

Plankton

A sideways photo if what im talking about.

Manual shows a seal on each spool and that's it. Bottom of the thing is defintly solid. Again just wondering if I pull the spools out the top or will that mess with the gears etc.

beenthere

A bit of steam cleaning or power washing might be in order to be able to see what is there.  ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

oldseabee

Each spool has a detent ball and spring that holds the spool in place, the spool on the lower side has a detent ball and spring behind a plug on the side of the valve the other spool has the detent and spring behind the valve against the trans case. I don't remember which spool is forward/reverse, but you can figure that out, anyway either the spring is broken or the ball is stuck which will let the spool go where it wants. My manual shows item 3,4,13 behind the valve and item 1,8,13 behind the plug on the side of the valve.

Plankton

Thanks so much oldseabee! Always learning, I'm still fairly new at wrenching on equiptment and didn't know what the spring and ball was.

Assumed it was the seals that were bad.

Now I'll take that off and tear into it, be nice to have that fixed.

Thanks again.

Thank You Sponsors!