iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Look what a talented lady does with my scrap.

Started by Daren, February 20, 2006, 08:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daren

I had a lady contact me awhile back looking for small handmade boxes or wood plaques to paint. I said I had some scraps that would make nice computer mousepads. I shipped a box full of pieces I rounded up , she sure painted them pretty. Not too bad for wood that could have gone into the shop stove. She listed them on E-bay, sorry I don't know how to make this link shorter. 

Link
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

DoubleD

Very beautiful work. She used the wood grain as a background very good idea that emphasize the value of the lumber 8)
Wannabe a sawmiller

rebocardo

They look beautiful, I wish I could draw that nicely. Unfortunately she put her (5) auctions in the wrong category,

computers/laptop parts&access/other parts and access.

Although there are a smattering of other wood based ones like hers there, like hers, they only have 3-20 views each. The thing with selling a commodity product is many views of the listing in the correct category.

Much better would be:

Computing > Input Devices > Mouse Mats

;)

If you would like to pass it along. I did not feel like signing in to to it.

Daren

I'm not messing with her any more, real nice lady, but I have talked to her enough ::), We had 20 e-mail conversations over $20 worth of wood... you know the type. I may swap her some more wood for a couple painted panels for jewelry box doors I want to build though.

Quote from: rebocardo on February 20, 2006, 12:16:55 PM

If you would like to pass it along. I did not feel like signing in to to it.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

SPIKER

She looks to be very tallented, but not so comp savy,  I think I would have listed them in a different location too, something in the lines of artwork wood decorations or? http://listings.ebay.com/aw/plistings/category20086/index.html?from=R11
shows the items listed lots of interesting stuff. 

one I looked at were Trays, which tese look to be in the range of size she could do I would thing a 12 X 18 hunk of wood tray could bring 30+ each easy and if they were framed up similarly to a raised panel construction I would say easy in the 100 ea range.   just my 2 cents worth.  right spot for the listing is not all that easy unless you LOOK for similar items already listed to know where you should place them....

mark M
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

brdmkr

Daren

That is awesome work.  It is always good to see something of 'no value' turn out to have 'great value'.  To bad about the nitpicking over wood.  The artist types can be that way :)
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Thank You Sponsors!