iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

horizontal mill

Started by iain, July 13, 2004, 12:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain

found the info whilst looking for some thing else this is there big one i've used the 150 which cuts 60" wide useing a 6" blade and handled a 5'6" log they had (maybe still do) a 52" between the guides 6" blade on a canti-lever called the challenger
i'll try rooting out some more info on there other stuff i know its here some place

Furby

Now I'd just LOVE one of them!!! That 6" blade sounds like a lot of $$$ though!

dail_h

5 & 1/2 ft. log,yep that'ud handle 'bout anything I'm likely to run into.
   Bet it costs more than my  Norwood,and probably ain't as portable
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Furby

iain

no no no it cuts 6'6" wide (between the guides)
the 150 was 5'6" dont think they sold any in the uk all went to the tropics
they had two mobiles "jacko" and "tom sawyer"
jacko was 29 1/2 between 3ton loader 26hp gas
tom was 32" between 4" blade 30 hp elec/34diesel
i'll find out what they still make
     iain

Bothy_Loon

Just found this this morning. are we talking about the Forestor 150 bandmill? If so I run one almost daily these days now I am back in the mill. Our one is set up under a 10ton overhead crane & I have over the years cut some big logs on it, ie 6foot+ dia & to date 54foot long. I have a 60footer coming in soon to be cut into a 20x20.
Cutting 32ftx9x2s at the moment.
When this saw was in production I used to demo it for Ike&Mike Visram the makers to people from as far afield as Russia to S. Africa. The Russkies were more interested in our whisky though!
For the size of log it could handle it was in my opinion too light in construction.
There was talk of having the 200 installed at one time also as a demo unit but that never happened.
Bothy Loon

iain

yip the one and the same
i liked it though i only had a few hours use on one cutting tiger oak                the sound of 50hp elec wizzing through the wood  i can still hear it :)

Thank You Sponsors!