iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally heading out!

Started by Raider Bill, October 25, 2008, 02:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

Whew, been here in Florida 6 weeks which is the lonest since I bought the Tenn Property.
Heading out in the AM. Got the truck loaded.

Not looking forward to the 2 hour drive but am very much looking forward to the peace, quiet of my woods.

My plan this trip is to do my gable ends, soffit and fascia and the attic insulation along with finishing the spare bathroom and kitchen so I can start staying in this baby!

Right now I'm planning on gable vents, foam the roof deck and deep cellouse the living space ceiling.

Of course that's subject to change at any moment...................... :P

Cell service is spotty which is how I connect to internet but will be checking in for any suggestions.

Thanks for all the help guys!

Raider Bill
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: Raider Bill on October 25, 2008, 02:25:05 PM

Not looking forward to the 2 hour drive but am very much looking forward to the peace, quiet of my woods.

Bill,

If you can make that drive in the time specified you deserve any peace and quiet that exists in your woods!

I though I had a lead foot but it still takes me over five hours to get to my sister's place outside of Birmingham...

If you're going to burn up the roads, be sure to keep your radar detector and ears on...

Herb

Larry

A product you might want to consider for trim like the fascia is Miratec.

www.miratectrim.com

An engineered wood product that has been on the market for 10 years or so.  No personal experience, but from my research seems to be a well respected product.  Price is not in the stratosphere like some of the pvc trim.  30 year warranty and it is supposed to hold paint well.

I got a quote from Lowes a few days ago. $63.80 for a four pack of 4/4 6" wide 16' long boards.  Think I will order some next week or two after I check prices from a real lumber yard.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Raider Bill

Never underestimate the power of a chevy!

MAke that 12 hours

Warbird

Yup.  Them Chevy's are good at making a 2 hour trip take 12.  ;) :D

Raider Bill

Decided to stop and see Andersonville prison this trip. HAnging in Americus for the night.

Where is that Mennonite resturant you guys talked about?

Thank You Sponsors!