iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fessin Up.

Started by Jeff, June 16, 2005, 06:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I could have put this under my fence thread, but I figure I might as well get it out in the open and not try to bury it with a small comment on another subject.

I sawed something that was not wood a little bit ago. Something not wood and a tad bit orange.  :-\
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

AHaaa-a-a-a-a    You've been initiated!  :D :D

Kevin_H.

Well it's better that it happens quick and get it over with.  ;D
Be sure to save that blade so we can all have a look at it while we eat piggy... ;D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Jeff

The blade dont look bad at all, it just wont cut NATHIN any more.  :D 

Now I should really fess up that I almost hit the same backstop the first cut on the fresh blade but I didn't, so really, why am I telling you people that anyway?  :D

ARKANSAWYER

Now there's a Man!  Comes out clean and fesses up to the error of his ways.  They say the first step is admitting you have a problem. ;D
 Welcome to the club.  It did not take long.  I went about 6 months before I cut into Wanda but when I did it was a dandy.  Since that time she bears many scars and not all mine.  

PHOTOS   we need PHOTOS
ARKANSAWYER

Jeff

One photo should be all you need.

Good one eh?

Tom

Jeff,
You will find that you will wear these little stories with pride in later years.  They are almost a badge of honor. :D :D   Yep, they are stupid things that get into our pockets.  That wouldn't happen but that we were doing something.  
:D

Fla._Deadheader

smiley_thumbsup_grin  Wooo Hooo  8)  Got a new member to da club. ;) :D

You da MAN, Boss.   :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

ronwood

Jeff,

Your supposed to cut the log not the mill!!  :D :D :D :D :D smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_bouncing_pinky

You have now joined an elite club.
Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Brad_S.

I always weld those over ASAP, paint them and artificially age the paint to make it blend. Inevitably, every joker who sees a cut into the post comes up with some 'wise' crack about my sawing abilities that I've already heard a million times before. ::)
Instead, with my mistakes covered, people ask "Do you ever forget to lower those and hit them?" to which I reply "Nah!" :D
4:30 p.m. on a hot day is when my posts are most in danger. ;)
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Ernie

Jeff, nice try, you almost made it all the way through :D :D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

beenthere

Oowwooch!
It's that there 'club' that you just couldn't wait to get into?  :)

Couldn't this be a sawmill mod, where one puts on a steel cutting blade first, right off the bat, and cuts those corners off, and be done with it? (and still get into the 'club')  ??? ::) ::) ???

I was hoping you would wait until da Piggy Roast to show us how that is done. Too late now.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Daren

Well, now you have heard that unpleasant screeching sound. I have heard it too (ain't going to admit how many times), first thing that goes through my mind is "DanG there went a $20 bill"
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

woodmills1

did ya ever put the feet down and the one just sticks up a little and your to lazy to dig out some dirt.  Well I am only cutting 8 footers so it wont matter.  Then you have one log just around 10 foot and you cant figure out why one board is really tapered.  Havent cut one of the feet yet but lotsa scars on the clamp,  only a nick or two to the stops though.  Also have managed to beat up the blade guard preety bad to where it needs to be welded again. :D :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Fraxinus

I've got a whole handful of teeth around here somewhere that came from when I was a sawyer about 30 years ago.  I think I was running the resaw at the time.
I figured them teeth would make a good conversation starter or a souvenir to give my grandchildren. :-\
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

Ironwood

Jeff,

One more fresh blade and you will probably be ALL THE WAY through and won't have to worry about those darn last 2" of that post. Perhaps the next one you can geet through with the first blade.  8)

I had a fresh full chisel chain on my Husky and DARN it forgot how far out that forklift apron stuck out (extra wide, two aprons welded together). Amazing how long it took for me to respond to the chatter. Amazingly little damage to the chain and a very big chunk out of that heavy steel............interesting. :-\

REID
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Kirk_Allen

Welcome to the club! 

chet

Quote from: Jeff B on June 16, 2005, 06:36:34 PM
I could have put this under my fence thread, but I figure I might as well get it out in the open and not try to bury it with a small comment on another subject.

I sawed something that was not wood a little bit ago. Something not wood and a tad bit orange. :-\

:D  :D  :D  Good hit.  ;D   Did ya have a big audience, be a shame ta waste all dem pretty sparks if dar wasn't anybody ta see um.    :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

There was a half dozen people in the driveway that heard it and came to see what I did....

fstedy

WELCOME TO THE CLUB
                                                     smiley_biggrin01
                          YOU CAN ALWAYS BE PERFECT IF'N YA NEVER DO ANYTHING
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

D._Frederick

Jeff,

Those cuts are easy to fix with a arc welder, it makes them disappear.

When you saw off the handle of your cant hook, then you got something to talk about!

WV_hillbilly

Just remember the sound it made .It is very distinctive isn't it  .

Welcome to the sawyer ranks on your  band mill.
Hillbilly

Bibbyman

Now that you finally did it.  Fess up again ...  It wasn't nearly as traumatic as sawing into something with one of those big-ol' circle mills - and not nearly as expensive, was it?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

EZ

Welcome to The Forestry Forum, Jeff B.
Alot of nice folks here so welcome. ;D
EZ

dail_h

Shoot,that little bitty cut ina post,oughta see what a Norwood can do ;D ;D ;D ;D
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Thank You Sponsors!