iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Make'in Some Dust Fly

Started by bags, May 29, 2016, 08:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bags

After figth'in all the snow and rain and cold and wind this last month haul'in timber into the outfit, I finally started to make the saw dust fly on the mill. Between cut'in boards and hay'in this year--- the summer up here is gonna be short.

Have quite a few feet of board and bat to run out--- an addition to cut--- and a custom built ranch table (material pictured) for an outfit south of town--- I'm gonna be busier than a beaver in an aspen lot.lol.

A fella came by and wants some bridge timbers (his trees) --- that's gonna make the old ford tractor grunt.

The photo is a 25" bug bit stand'in dead Douglas fir. I got two 2"x18" book matched flitches out of the fir for the ranch table

Magicman

Hello bags and after waiting 6 years, Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  Now don't be a stranger.   :)

I have passed through Westcliffe a few times.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bags

Thanks for the welcome Magicman.

I'm not real good with computers so I don't make it a point to be post'in on the forums as you can probably tell since my attempt at post'in pictures didn't turn out too well.

Sold my old circle mill last fall and figured I was old enough to be done with make'in boards, but that didn't come about. Still had that want for the smell of cut timber in the air.

I went and cured my fix by buy'in a HM130 bandsaw mill from Woodland and started again. Its a nice little mill and I figured I'd give Woodland (a sponsor here) a thumbs up (pics) on their equipment. Might give pictures a try in another six years LOL.

If ya ever get up in this high country again Magic--- be sure to contact me and we'll have some coffee, or a couple beers--- but the rocky mountain steaks we'll be on me.

Magicman

Quote from: bags on May 29, 2016, 10:37:07 PMIf ya ever get up in this high country again Magic--- be sure to contact me and we'll have some coffee, or a couple beers--- but the rocky mountain steaks we'll be on me.
Count on it.  Now about those pictures.  They are in your gallery so while making a reply just click on one and then scroll down.  Two more clicks and the picture's file information will be copied to your reply.  Now click Preview and scroll up to see what your actual reply will look like.  You can now make any adjustments and then click Post.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, bags.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Magicman on May 30, 2016, 07:36:10 AM
Quote from: bags on May 29, 2016, 10:37:07 PMIf ya ever get up in this high country again Magic--- be sure to contact me and we'll have some coffee, or a couple beers--- but the rocky mountain steaks we'll be on me.
Count on it.  Now about those pictures.  They are in your gallery so while making a reply just click on one and then scroll down.  Two more clicks and the picture's file information will be copied to your reply.  Now click Preview and scroll up to see what your actual reply will look like.  You can now make any adjustments and then click Post.

There are some subtleties to posting pictures that are not directly obvious and I managed to stumble upon them.

First - if you have not already figured it out, you need TWO windows to get your pictures in your post.  One is the gallery, the other is you new post.  BUT, I've found if you go to the gallery and then open a new window to make a post, it does not work properly.  The gallery window has trouble finding the window where it is supposed to insert the link to the pictures.

So, start with your post and scroll up to the top of the sponsor bar on the left.  Click on "Forestry Forum Gallery" and it will open a new tab.  Click on "My Gallery" and go from there.  I guess you could say the gallery tab/window is a child of your posting window so it knows where to stick the code for the picture links.

Also, you have several versions of the same picture in you gallery.  BEFORE you start inserting your pictures into posts, delete the extra copies (to save server space and they are not needed).  It is against the rules to delete any pictures you have in posts (and just plain rude ;) ).  Now go ahead and link your pictures.  You can go back and MODIFY your first post to insert the pictures.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Magicman

Actually the easiest gallery link for me is the blue line/box below the posting box.   Click on it and then on "My Gallery" in the middle of the page.  Both windows will then be open for adding your picture to your reply.   ;D

bags

bags

Thanks for all the help fellas--- still have some rocks roll'in around upstairs about how I got the photo to post, but I have a start'in point.

I'll keep work'in on the photos, and --- like me--- I know you folks like see'in pictures of who's do'in what , and where.

Magicman

You betcha with the pictures.   smiley_thumbsup

Now when we meet we will have to have a ugliest hat contest.

Packing in to our spike camp.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

plowboyswr

Bags welcome!  8) you got the pictures whipped now smiley_clapping looking forward to more.
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

4x4American

Magic be careful with them rocky mtn steaks   :D :D :D 
Boy, back in my day..

Magicman

4x4American

smiley_beertoast smiley_alcoholic_01 smiley_chef_hat digin_2 smiley_tom_dizzyguy03
Boy, back in my day..

killamplanes

that's nice country bought an agplane in Center Colorado and got stuck there due to weather for a couple days and got to see the sites. Those hills are full of trees lookin for a sawmill. have fun 8)
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

Thank You Sponsors!