iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rocky Caught In The Act

Started by Burlkraft, November 17, 2006, 06:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

I had to build a squirrel feeder in the woods so they would stay away from Jill's bird feeders.
I put a game cam there to see what those guys are up to. There's about 5 feet between the feeder and the tree...This guy makes the leap both ways no problem..... :D :D :D

Why not just 1 pain free day?

SwampDonkey

Not only that, those buggers can fall a long ways and not seem to get hurt. I tossed a rock at a red squirrel in a maple tree and he fell over 20 feet onto a lower branch and kept going as if nothing happened. I don't know how I hit the thing, normally I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. I see I have a new squirrel in the yard, he's after the spruce cones. As long as he stays outside he'll have a chance. Otherwise, it's the peanut butter on the rat trap trick. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

red

Yes they are pretty quick 

Until they hit Asphalt   

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

DanG

I dunno about that, Red.  On the asphalt around here, they can change their mind about 12 times per second, before making the fatal decision. ::) :'(
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

CHARLIE

Funniest thing I ever saw story.

Back in the early 1990's we had a small mutt dog that loved chasing squirrels and rabbits. He never caught any, but thought he could. At the time I had a bird feeder hanging from the limb of a maple tree in the backyard.

One day, I looked out the kitchen window and remarked to my son, "DanGit! There's a squirrel on the feeder! He can barely fit on the perch too."  My son called the dog to the back door, got her all primed by saying over and over, "Go gettum Tinker! Gettem girl!".  Tinker was excited and when my son opened the door the dog shot out of the house like a cannon and barking. The squirrel got scared and tried to scamper up on the feeder roof but lost his footing and fell off the perch.....but.....he was able to grab hold of the perch with one rear foot. So there he was dangling by one foot and Tinker sitting under the feeder looking up at him. Ohhhhh how I wish I had a camera. My son and I DanG near died laughin'.  The squirrel was able to pull himself back up on he perch, gain his composure and vacate the place. :D   
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

hiya

Back years ago  :o I put a bird feeder outside the kitchen window for my wife. I used a
1 1/2" copper pipe about 6' long to mount it on. The squirrels would get in the feeder until we put vasalene (sp?) on the pipe. They would get about 3/4th the way up and slide down. That was sure fun watching.
Richard
RichardinMd.

Thank You Sponsors!