iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fishing

Started by Furby, January 14, 2005, 07:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crtreedude

Quote from: Jeff B on September 08, 2005, 12:13:51 PM
I caught one 28 when the size was still back at 30, I caught one at 35 after they had changed it to 36 and I caught one at 37 since they changed it to 42. :-\

Jeff - are you sure you haven't just caught one fish several times?  ;)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Jeff

Not unless he lived for 25 years and walked from lake to lake to lake.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

we have walking catfish.    ;D

Furby

I've always wanted to catch a Tiger Muskie.
A lake not to far from here has a fair amount of them, just never found the time to fish it. :'(

SwampDonkey

River eels will go over land. My grandfather used to think of them as snakes and get the quivers when he hooked one. We used to fish salmon on one section of the Saint John River and the river eels would come up to you and take the fish eggs and guts from your hands when you cleaned your fish on the shore. Where we tied up our boats along the shore the eels would hide under the shadows of the boats. ;D

http://www.coastalguide.to/eel/main.html
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

pappy

SD,
My SIL used to net "glass eels or elvers" at the mouth of a river (I firget the name ::)) down on the cost of ME... They used to get $400 a pound and where sent to Japan  ???
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Larry

Chase these things all winter.  The one on the left is a striper while the right one is a hybrid...cross tween a white bass and striper.  Kansans call em Wipers.

Used to go to Texas but found out there all runts down there :D...gotta go to Arkansas to git the big uns. ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Thank You Sponsors!