iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ice bridge

Started by Quebecnewf, December 25, 2013, 07:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quebecnewf

Well good news . The ice bridge has formed and people have been crossing to the mainland . This is very early in the season. Last year we did not cross until Feb 20th.
Maybe we will have a good logging season. Sorry guys no pics so far this  year I am away in Montreal visiting my daughters for Christmas.

Hope to get logging early in Jan . Pics to follow

Quebecnewf

Jeff

I always look forward to your adventures. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

barbender

Me too! Winter definitely set in early in MN this year, it was just like someone threw a switch. In mid November we went from 30's and 40's, no snow and then we got hit with about 14" of snow and the temp dropped to lows of -30°F, highs -10° it hasn't been much fun but it freezes down the swamp roads quick ;)
Too many irons in the fire

beenthere

Same here, and glad to hear that the ice bridge is there.  :new_year:
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

1270d

We got into winter road early too.  Supposed to be the coldest December on record for us in the central UP

47sawdust

We have early sub-zero weather and about a foot of snow cover.Perfect conditions to freeze up a road and get after next years firewood and some saw logs for the mill.Hope it dose not get too weird on us now.
Quebecnewf is about as creative and hardworking as I've seen.Very interesting to see how he goes about getting it done.Wonder what's in his coffee?
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

thecfarm

We have had a cold month,not many days above frezing,today it was just 32°. A good month for making ice. I talked to someone that is ice fishing and we have 8 inches of ice. This is a small pond
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ga jones

It's been unusually cold and snowy here to. Although I was cutting in a tee shirt today. Got like 40f and sunny. Can't wait to see your adventures.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

Southside

It's cold just about everywhere this year.  Even down here it is colder than usual, nothing compared to what you have up there, but the tillage raddishes are all dead and last year it was February before that happened. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Quebecnewf

Just checked the forecast for our region and it is cold and more cold. Just my luck I go away for Christmas holidays and we have an early winter. Lots of snow as well. Anxious to get home and go logging . Pics to follow.

Quebecnewf

Thank You Sponsors!