iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Good Story

Started by Woolywolf, January 27, 2009, 01:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolywolf

Here's a good story (or bad depending on how you look at it)--not sure if it has been posted yet. http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090126/NEWS/701269962/1006 .   A mathematician!  How in the blue-green world is that the best job?  I would rather be anything but a mathematician.   

beenthere

Ahhh!  Grew up around Coggon, IA. If he is about 3 mile NE of Coggon, he is in the neighborhood of what was my Dad's 160 acre farm.. :)     Sold it for $20K in 1960   ::) ::) ::)

And being a logger, he might make more mathematical decisions in a day than the mathematician does... :) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

dsgsr

Apparently the person that made up that list of (worst jobs) has never been a Logger, or they would know why most loggers love what they do.

I was a Law-enforcement officer 19-yrs, In the Army (Reserves) 15-yrs, A Financial Advisor 5-yrs and they all were not as rewarding as working in the woods.

David
Northlander band mill
Kubota M59 TLB
Takeuchi TB175 Excavator
'08 Ford 550 dump
'87 International Dump
2015 Miller 325 Trailblazer Welder/Gen

thompsontimber

yeah, I posted the story in the future logger thread.  My thoughts were right there with you on a mathematician being the top job...wow!  I would have thought that more along the worst possible jobs, seems like nothing could be more stressful and boring than math as a profession.  Of course forestry requires plenty of math, but at least you can relate the math to the woods.  Applied math I guess you could call it, lots easier to handle some worthwhile math.  Mathematician sounds like the fast track to depression and suicidal tendencies...give me that horrible logging job over that any day!

Kodiakmac

Well, all this 'best job' stuff is just voodoo crap anyway.  The criteria used to determine 'best' are purely subjective.

I was a police officer for 26 years, I've taught at community colleges, and I sell Real Estate.  My blood pressure is at its lowest when I'm in the bush...just me, my dog, my saw and my skidder. 

There's no life like it...and if you have to explain it to anyone....well, what can I say? 
Robin Hood had it just about right:  as long as a man has family, friends, deer and beer...he needs very little government!
Kioti rx7320, Wallenstein fx110 winch, Echo CS510, Stihl MS362cm, Stihl 051AV, Wallenstein wx980  Mark 8:36

cheyenne

I'll bet it's just a teaser for an employment agency.....Free advertising disguised as a psa.....Cheyenne
Home of the white buffalo

Kodiakmac

Could be, could be.  Or, it might be a bit of propoganda by the Eco-nuts to discourage future forest murdereers.
Robin Hood had it just about right:  as long as a man has family, friends, deer and beer...he needs very little government!
Kioti rx7320, Wallenstein fx110 winch, Echo CS510, Stihl MS362cm, Stihl 051AV, Wallenstein wx980  Mark 8:36

Thank You Sponsors!