iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Good News Rescue Story !

Started by dancan, October 09, 2010, 07:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dancan

I'm sure anybody with ties to any mining industry can relate to this story !

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/10/09/chile-miners.html

And hats off to Schramm and their world class operators Jeff Hart and Matt Statfeard !

http://www.schramminc.com/

jim king

It is on the news here hourly.  Everyone is hoping for the best.  The doctor that gets dropped in to check them out has some balls also getting the first ride sown that hole.

I hope they dont have another earth quake before this is over like the monster record quake they had a few months ago.

The Chilean business men have given each family $10,000 to get thru until the miners are out.  They have had thousands of job offers.

Okrafarmer

I just first saw this story today on WND. Great news.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Okrafarmer

Can we see a movie coming from this?
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Woodhauler

They are getting ready to start the rescue! Send some prayers their way!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

dancan

I just hope all goes well .
My wife won't read or watch any of the news but she'll ask me about it (she's a bit claustrophobic ) but she prays for them every night .

jim king

As there is a Peruvian and a Bolivian in the mine also we have it on every channel.  The Presidents of Chile and Bolivia are there at the site waiting.

Great story, tough guys.  Reminds one of POW stories and the comadre developed by people in trouble.  The respect they have for thier foreman and the discipline shown is to say the least impressive.

DanG

I've been following this story from the get-go.  A miracle is being laid out before us!  I am claustrophobic, so I would never have been down there in the first place, but I've still had nightmares about it.  Nevertheless, I think I could grit my teeth and climb into that capsule for the ride.  Those guys who drilled the hole must be some kind of good!!  They were brought from Afghanistan, where they were drilling water wells for the troops.  They MUST be the absolute cream of the crop!

I am listening to a live report from the scene, as I type.  The capsule is being prepared to be lowered for the first time, within hours.  The rescuers are very confident that the system will work as planned, and that all of the miners will be out within a couple of days.  Fortunately for them, but unfortunately for the rest of us, their emergence will be screened off from the hoard of reporters who are waiting.  Surely there will be a video record of each arrival, though.  I am anxiously looking forward to seeing those guys on the surface.  It will be almost like 9/11 in reverse!

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

DanG

The first of the miners is on his way up!! 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Okrafarmer

Quote from: DanG on October 12, 2010, 11:07:43 PM
The first of the miners is on his way up!! 8) 8)

This reminds me of The Empire Strikes Back, at the beginning, when the mission control people were cheering for every transport ship that managed to leave the planet unscathed. . . .

I'm glad they finally are able to keep these guys from becoming fossils.

DanG

I hope you are all watching!  The scene is incredible.  The unbridled joy at the arrival of the first miner was something to behold!

WOW!  I am watching some really good television right now!! 8) 8) 8)

sawguy21

The first one is up, this is unbelievable. What an incredible story of stamina and team work. We will be staying up late to watch this unfold.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

DanG

Well wouldn't ya know it?  The TV moguls have decided that this isn't a big enough story to pre-empt the rock music or Hollywood "news".  I caught the first surfacing on the BBC report on PBS, but the 30 minute program ended.  OH wait, now Nightline is covering it! 8) 8)

Jeff

If you get cnn and fox news, they are continuing with it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DanG

This is going much quicker than  was expected.  It was expected that there would be several hours between trips, but the second man is almost to the surface now. :) :) :)

Roxie

I just would not go to sleep until the first one came up, then I left fox news on all night and snoozed on and off in the lounge chair.  It's a miracle right before our eyes! 
Say when

Jeff

Its raining here today so I have been working inside most all day. Other then a couple of the rescues over night, I've stopped to watch all of them. Each one is amazingly inspirational, but the man who hugged his wife, then dropped to his knees in silent prayer sums it all up to me.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

dancan

Last miner on his way up !
My wife will sleep well tonight but I'm sure the miners family will have the best sleepless night in their lives for a different reason .

dancan

Quote from: DanG on October 12, 2010, 11:22:57 PM
I hope you are all watching!  The scene is incredible.  The unbridled joy at the arrival of the first miner was something to behold!

WOW!  I am watching some really good television right now!! 8) 8) 8)

Your right ,a superhero movie , dubbed to english , don't know any of the stars but it's darn good right to the end !

terrifictimbersllc

Wow. we have basic cable and the only channel it's on is the Spanish one.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Dan_Shade

truly amazing story.

i'm still concerned for the rescue workers that are below.  I think there are 5 or 6 rescue workers still underground.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

woodsteach

They got em all 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Praise be to God

and don't forget the rescuers still down there :o
Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

Ernie

It has been on our TV here 24/7.  Three rescuers left and I've got to go to town so I will miss the last man up.

Praise be to God, another miracle. 8)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

DanG

It must be the Year of the Driller!  My mind is still boggled by the skill it took to drill those relief wells for the oil spill disaster, and now these guys come in and drill a rescue hole through all that rock!

Another point I've been pondering, concerns mine safety.  The news possums are howling for them to shut down that dangerous mine, and calling for the heads of the owners.  The way I see it, this is the first time in history that a mine's safety precautions actually worked!  Now I can't sit here in the Florida Panhandle and make a well informed judgement from my antenna TV and dial-up internet, but it just seems to me that somebody did something right for a change!

Okrafarmer

Quote from: DanG on October 13, 2010, 10:49:05 PM
Another point I've been pondering, concerns mine safety.  The news possums are howling for them to shut down that dangerous mine, and calling for the heads of the owners.  The way I see it, this is the first time in history that a mine's safety precautions actually worked!  Now I can't sit here in the Florida Panhandle and make a well informed judgement from my antenna TV and dial-up internet, but it just seems to me that somebody did something right for a change!

You are right, DanG.

Thank You Sponsors!